Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB 5 lug steelies
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Cfletch
looking for a set of 5 lug steel wheels.
Montreal914
Might want to put a WTB on Pelican 911 parts classified.
If you are looking for a match set of a specific year, yes you will need to pay them as they are being used in long hood restorations.
They are out there, also sometimes singles on Craigslist or the Samba.
Good luck.
bdstone914
QUOTE(Cfletch @ Jul 19 2015, 10:48 AM) *

Assuming you are looking for 5-1/2 x 15 wheels. 4 or 5 wheels?

Yes the 911 Pelican BBS or Early 911 S registry are good places. Prices average around $100-$125 a wheel. More for matching sets. If you do not care about date codes you will pay less.
Bruce
Cfletch
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 19 2015, 11:53 AM) *

QUOTE(Cfletch @ Jul 19 2015, 10:48 AM) *

Assuming you are looking for 5-1/2 x 15 wheels. 4 or 5 wheels?

Yes the 911 Pelican BBS or Early 911 S registry are good places. Prices average around $100-$125 a wheel. More for matching sets. If you do not care about date codes you will pay less.
Bruce

could care less about date code really, as long as they are all in good shape and look good. 4 is good 5 is ideal but again I just want a set.
BillC
Stoddard is selling reproduction wheels. Both chrome and silver painted, in both 4.5" and 5.5" widths. They aren't cheap, but they are less expensive than getting a set of originals rechromed.
914-d
Guy in the shop next to me has a set. H tried to sell them to me but mine are all four lug.
PM me and I will get the info
Cfletch
QUOTE(914-d @ Jul 19 2015, 07:07 PM) *

Guy in the shop next to me has a set. H tried to sell them to me but mine are all four lug.
PM me and I will get the info

pmed
euro911
Don't be surprised if you see them going for more than you could imagine ... especially matching date early 5x130s. Just like early SWB 911s, the early parts are sky-rocketing too.
Cfletch
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 20 2015, 09:35 PM) *

Don't be surprised if you see them going for more than you could imagine ... especially matching date early 5x130s. Just like early SWB 911s, the early parts are sky-rocketing too.

I'm not sure if I really care about the dates, they could be mismatched dates, all I really care about is if they are identical in appearance, and are the correct size. What would you guess as a price per?
bdstone914
QUOTE(Cfletch @ Jul 20 2015, 10:32 PM) *

I'm not sure if I really care about the dates, they could be mismatched dates, all I really care about is if they are identical in appearance, and are the correct size. What would you guess as a price per?

$100 to $150
I know a guy in LA thatchas,some but he is very hard to deal with. Had a bunch of mis matched wheels.
Cfletch
QUOTE(bdstone914 @ Jul 21 2015, 05:06 AM) *

QUOTE(Cfletch @ Jul 20 2015, 10:32 PM) *

$100 to $150
I know a guy in LA thatchas,some but he is very hard to deal with. Had a bunch of mis matched wheels.

That price range is fine by me, I have a set of miss matched fake fuchs that will hlp off set the price. If you ever get a hold of him I'd like to know the price he's asking.
euro911
Last year I ran across a set of (4) 68 911 wheels for $300. + $65. to ship.

Like Bruce mentioned, check on Pelican, 911 Registry, and the Samba as well. Sometimes you'll run across a really good deal if you're willing to wait and search a lot.
BuddyV
I bought a very clean set from a guy on the Bird site last year.... might have been before the prices started going sky high for 911-related parts.

I offered $450 for a clean set of 4 with nice hubcaps. (the sale was local to me, so I paid more than I had budgeted considering I would avoid shipping. But as it turns out, the seller was prepared to turn down anything less than $500. He agreed to $450 for a quick, simple, local sale )

If I were looking now, I would expect to pay about 1/3 more.

They are very nice wheels..... good vintage look.
Cfletch
QUOTE(BuddyV @ Jul 21 2015, 03:53 PM) *

I bought a very clean set from a guy on the Bird site last year.... might have been before the prices started going sky high for 911-related parts.

I offered $450 for a clean set of 4 with nice hubcaps. (the sale was local to me, so I paid more than I had budgeted considering I would avoid shipping. But as it turns out, the seller was prepared to turn down anything less than $500. He agreed to $450 for a quick, simple, local sale )

If I were looking now, I would expect to pay about 1/3 more.

They are very nice wheels..... good vintage look.

I know sad.gif it is making me nervous that people are asking for such high prices for steel wheels of all things! I must still look around, my set of fake fuchs ended up being basically all different sizes which is annoying, but I can just sell them individually i suppose.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.