Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Into the Outback
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
phillstek
Took the car out for the weekend and went up to the farm with a mate in his 944 T. Flogged the shit out of them on the way home. 400kms of backroads including a bit of dirt.
Krieger
That is a great looking 914!
two914-6s
QUOTE(phillstek @ Jul 19 2015, 03:57 PM) *

Took the car out for the weekend and went up to the farm with a mate in his 944 T. Flogged the shit out of them on the way home. 400kms of backroads including a bit of dirt.

I think we met and hung out at the Works reunion. you were buying parts to put your car back together. My friend had the orange 914-6. your car looks great!
dave
dudzy's914
QUOTE(Krieger @ Jul 19 2015, 06:59 PM) *

That is a great looking 914!

Second that! That's is a great looking 914 cheer.gif
bdstone914
Hi Phil,

Fun of dirt roads aren't they?

Bruce
phillstek
'That is a great looking 914!' 'Second that! That's is a great looking 914'

Thanks for the compliments, it's taken a lot to get it there but worth it.

'I think we met and hung out at the Works reunion. you were buying parts to put your car back together. My friend had the orange 914-6. your car looks great!
dave'

Yes, that's right. We spoke at length about the state of professional photography while admiring your friend's car. I still reckon he should've won the trophy first.gif
Thanks for the compliment.

"Hi Phil,

Fun of dirt roads aren't they?

Bruce"

Oh yeah, it's fun allright! Dodging 'roos and wombats that spring out of the scrub is definitely a test of reflexes and the handling.
EdwardBlume
I grew up on a farm and good dirt is awesome undercoating. Looks like fun!
Mikey914
Need more dirty pictures...... I mean pictures with pictures of cars and dirt.
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(phillstek @ Jul 19 2015, 07:27 PM) *

'That is a great looking 914!' 'Second that! That's is a great looking 914'

Oh yeah, it's fun allright! Dodging 'roos and wombats that spring out of the scrub is definitely a test of reflexes and the handling.

That's a decent shakedown of your 9146 and your friends 951, like your own private Paris Dakar rallye driving.gif driving.gif
Watch out for them Dingos!
Marty
Tom_T
QUOTE(phillstek @ Jul 19 2015, 03:57 PM) *

Nice to see your 914-6 in it's finished state Phil.

I can't tell from your pix, but did you end up doing the RHD conversion?
- or keep it LHD?

... or is this not the one you took home in the container at the time of your trip over here when we had Chinese dinner with my wife & crazy John L.??

Cheers Mate! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
phillstek
'I grew up on a farm and good dirt is awesome undercoating. Looks like fun!’

‘That's a decent shakedown of your 9146 and your friends 951, like your own private Paris Dakar rallye
Watch out for them Dingos!
Marty ‘

I’ve driven both those cars (the 951 used to be mine) up there quite often and with care and driving appropriate to the road conditions, I’ve never had a problem. If it was an Italian car on the other hand, I wouldn’t dream of taking it out there as the exhaust would probably fall off after the first couple of Ks .

'Need more dirty pictures...... I mean pictures with pictures of cars and dirt.'

agree.gif

'Nice to see your 914-6 in it's finished state Phil.

I can't tell from your pix, but did you end up doing the RHD conversion?
- or keep it LHD?

... or is this not the one you took home in the container at the time of your trip over here when we had Chinese dinner with my wife & crazy John L.??

Cheers Mate!
Tom’

Hi Tom,

This one is my original car that I’ve owned since ’88. We did the conversion to RHD back then. When I met John and you, my brother and I were over there buying parts and whole bunch of other equipment to ship back here and I was looking for another 914 but didn’t buy John’s. I should've though.

beerchug.gif

matthepcat
Looks great Phil. Glad to hear she's back on the road.

Whats the next project?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.