Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My car and I had a very very bad day
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gobstopper
I took my car and my girlfriend out today for what I thought was going to be a joyride. Ended up hitting telephone pole, Im fine, girlfriends fine, front left fender on my baby is definitly not fine. Dont ask me how I hit it, I wasnt speedin or nothing. Im going to cry one more time and then go to bed, im still pretty shocked that I did it, Orange 73 2.0. I'll post picks tommorrow so you can all cry with me, cant belive I hurt my baby, I can hardly look at it, at least nobody ot hurt. Night everyone, talk to y'all sometime tommorrow.
skline
What is happening lately? So many people crashing their rides. Joe got backed over by a Mercedes SUV with a woman driving and not paying attention, which is normal by the way, and now you hitting a tree that jumped out in front of you. I think I remember someone else with the same thing. It is good that nobody was injured, get the cars fixed and drive them using extreme caution. When I was growing up there was a saying everywhere you looked, old timers will remember, "Watch out for the other guy". When is the last time you heard that?
redshift
Dood! Glad you are all ok, and it's not as bad as what it seems... never is...

M
xsboost90
all of this bad luck in teener world is making me wonder if i ever want to finish my car... sad.gif
monkei
THEY DONT SEE US! ar15.gif i've been there..... just got mine back from bodywork and paint after an accident that resulted beacuse the other party either wasnt looking or wasnt paying attention. theres nothing im more paranoid about than being alongside an SUV or truck wondering whether or not they see you coming up. drive careful assume theyre all going to cut you off or swerve into you and make sure to be ready to hit the horn at a moments notice. and practice super careful driving in heavy traffic flow situations, youd be amazed what kind of cars' blind spots a 914 wil fit completely into (minvans, even mid size sedans) my plan is to make my car: loud-(headers/5x10mflr., old style [awooooga] horn), noticeable/obvious-(bright [white led?] bulbs on signals, 100w h4 headlamps, 100w or better driving lights, super shiny turn signal buckets [getting them chromed now], and eventually a nice bright green metallic paintjob to catch the eye. most of
what i listed is accident prevention...for evasion (already mentionted a working horn) id recommend having a brake system in tip-top shape and tight steering/suspension for those sudden movements that may save your car when that lady on her cellphone switches from her lane into the one youre currently occupying in her several ton long wheelbase 7-8 passenger soccer/grocery-mobile.
MattR
I whacked a trash can in the rain in my 912 a few weeks ago sad.gif

It SUCKS. Im still pissed. I'll feel better when my 911R front bumper is installed and my hood is realigned (everything else was fine... except of course my ego).
iiibdsiil
My buddy had a bus stop sign jump out at him. Of course that was at 60 MPH in a 35, after another buddy had just gotten off the phone with him saying you could see the rear end on his car stepping out because it was raining. The asphalt on the road was mixed wrong, and someone died about 20 feet from where he hit the sign.

So, 3 full spins, a stop sign, bouncing off palm trees, not even stalling his car (stick), and $3300 he is back on the road.

So, your little incident is nothing to have your pride hurt over. Just tell everyone the girlfriend was driving.

As for me in the 914, I am always very cautious in the rain. I was racing a T-rex (link) and had one tire hit the wet asphalt from the sprinklers at 70 MPH. Scared the shit out of me, and since then I am a lot more cautious with water. The important thing was that I did stay even with him, although I was behind him so not sure if he had more to give it or not. He had his girlfriend with him, and when I pulled up next to him he would not run me again, so I am assuming he didn't want his pride hurt, although I really have no idea.

When I am on the highway, I tend to go just a little fast than anyone else, so there is not much time for me to be in people's blind spots.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.