Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: A question for you 3.2 conversion guys
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914dave
Ok guys. I want to relocate the air flow meter to clear the engine lid latch. I'm having a hard time finding 3 1/8' tubing and silicone tubing to do the job. Anybody know where I can source these?
Thanks
Dave
Cairo94507
Have you checked with PMS, Chris at Tangerine Racing or any of the other engine builders to see what they recommend? This has to have been done a ton of times by now.
Steve
I just did mine yesterday using the stock air cleaner. I got mine at Pep boys. 6"x3 1/8". Worked great. They also have a 4" which worked great with the MSDS cone air cleaner. I went back to the stock air cleaner because it's water proof. O'reillys also carrys the same rice rocket accessories.
914dave
QUOTE(Steve @ Jul 20 2015, 09:11 AM) *

I just did mine yesterday using the stock air cleaner. I got mine at Pep boys. 6"x3 1/8". Worked great. They also have a 4" which worked great with the MSDS cone air cleaner. I went back to the stock air cleaner because it's water proof. O'reillys also carrys the same rice rocket accessories.

I guess I'll go see Manny , Moe and Jack on the way home. Thanks for the info.
Steve
QUOTE(914dave @ Jul 20 2015, 06:35 AM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Jul 20 2015, 09:11 AM) *

I guess I'll go see Manny , Moe and Jack on the way home. Thanks for the info.

The 6" pipe was part number 8718 and the manufacturer is Spectre. That's just for the pipe, you will need the rubber adapter which is sold separately.
Click to view attachment
JmuRiz
HD (Home Depot) Racing: PVC tubing...just kidding, too ghetto but it would probably work.

edit: thanks for the info Steve, good to know if I'm ever lucky enough to have a 3.2 in my car. I guess I've only seen PVC used as a mock-up or to get stuff running before the final product is made.
Steve
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jul 20 2015, 07:26 AM) *

HD (Home Depot) Racing: PVC tubing...just kidding, too ghetto but it would probably work.

The PVC Home Depot sewer drain pipe melted on the track. It will also collapse if you tighten the hose clamps too tight. That's what I used before Pep Boys started carrying all these ram air / rice rocket induction kits.
MoveQik
Another option. Tubing from FLAPS with a bracket welded on.
914dave
Steve
That's exactly what I'm looking to do. Going to fab a bracket off the top of the intake to support the air flow meter. I have a K&N cone on 45 degrees Kestrel RT-1000that I am running. I was going to make a rain shields for it. Oh, that's right. You're in San Diego, it never rains there! Hehe
Mike
Your setup is nicely done too. Like the rest of your car. I've always been a big fan. Thanks for the pm.
larryM
different solution - no extra parts needed save for a plastic elbow from the plumber and a standard Spectre adapter from any FLAPS

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.