Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB: new stock rear springs(or close)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
DRPHIL914
the weltmeister springs i bought seem too firm and shorter than the 100# stock springs.
I'd like to try those if anyone has some they could part with.

Phil
rfinegan
I have some stock take offs that we can look up the color stripes, but i think they were 90lbs. I got pics of the ride hight prior to taking them off. Too nice to throw out when I redid mine. Looks great too ... Cover the shipping and I can get them to you ASAP. Try them and if you want/like and keep them pay me what ever later

-Robert
billh1963
Come up to my warehouse and you can pull a pair off one of the parts cars for free. (I know that's your favorite price) poke.gif
DRPHIL914
QUOTE(rfinegan @ Jul 20 2015, 11:19 AM) *

I have some stock take offs that we can look up the color stripes, but i think they were 90lbs. I got pics of the ride hight prior to taking them off. Too nice to throw out when I redid mine. Looks great too ... Cover the shipping and I can get them to you ASAP. Try them and if you want/like and keep them pay me what ever later

-Robert

Thanks for the offer, even to compare to my welt meister or to a set of originals withe genuine rust stains from bill i would be curious to see the difference. 90# would be good.

QUOTE(billh1963 @ Jul 20 2015, 01:11 PM) *

Come up to my warehouse and you can pull a pair off one of the parts cars for free. (I know that's your favorite price) poke.gif

I appreciate the offer I do like cheap and easy, not sure pulling them off will be easy but I'll think about it.
AA has the supposedly original replacement for ×120$ I'll try something else first .
DRPHIL914

-Robert

I'll take you up on your offer.
rfinegan

Pm sent

QUOTE(Philip W. @ Jul 20 2015, 06:47 PM) *

-Robert

I'll take you up on your offer.

rfinegan
According to the factory manual, cars built after 19 May 72 had 10mm longer springs.
Group 1 220-227 kp 1 green dot
Group 2 227-233 kp 2 green dots
Group 3 233-240 kp 3 green dots
rfinegan
Springs sent USPS

-Robert
DRPHIL914
Thanks Robert for offering these up and sending my way! will be intersting to see what the difference is from mu current ones. might have to do a thread comparing them, with ride height stiffness etc. .

Again, thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.