Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone re-angled or chopped their windshield?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
neo914-6
Tell all, and post pics if you have any...
I realize the side windows and top need to be modified as well..
Type 4
The Beach boy kit has the WS Racked back. They just cut it with a sawzall not quite all the way thru and lay it back in the gap.
redshift
Yeah, that's cool int'n it?

I have seen it done best by using what I think started out as a Miata side window.

I will do this to maybe this car, and hack off the rollbar, have to see if the next garage is INSIDE.

smile.gif

M
dlo914
asdf
Andyrew
looks bad... an inch or two.. but not that much...

IMHO
dlo914
IMHO...it looks more like a pancake... dry.gif
redshift
That is not the way to go..

There used to be a kit that had a hoop, like a speedster, and I don't know if they ever sold even one, cause it was just an ad.

That drives me insane... and it's not in the magazine I remember it from.

dry.gif

M
neo914-6
The chop really changes the proportions. I didn't get a pic of the top but this 914 had a 2" chop and the top was sectioned to be larger and was heavier! One of the drawbacks...
The nice thing was all metal flares.
neo914-6
Here's a chopped race car...
Aaron Cox
my head touches the targa... how short are you??? ohmy.gif
nine14cats
Hi Felix,

Talk with Jim Patrick at PMS in AZ. The orange and blue 2.0-6 race car on their website has the windshield cut and angled a few degrees back. Jim then cut then cut the roof to match. It's subtle but pretty nice looking.

Bill P.
Joe Bob
The PMS website has cooties....hence the initials.... dry.gif
JeffBowlsby
Here is one:

Mark Henry
Sorry but barf.gif

My teener's body is 2" shorter than a Cobra...with the windshield 2" taller.

How often do you drive under an SUV? wink.gif
JeffBowlsby
Nuther...

SirAndy
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Feb 27 2005, 11:28 AM)
Nuther...

i barely fit in one with a stock WS/roof ...
if anything, i'd like to *raise* it 2" ...

biggrin.gif Andy
Andyrew
QUOTE (SirAndy @ Feb 27 2005, 12:31 PM)
QUOTE (bowlsby @ Feb 27 2005, 11:28 AM)
Nuther...

i barely fit in one with a stock WS/roof ...
if anything, i'd like to *raise* it 2" ...

biggrin.gif Andy

agree.gif

I almost hit with my helmet in my car with my seats...

I really dont want to race with the targa top on at the wcc... unsure.gif
neo914-6
I almost hit with my helmet in my car with my seats...

Andrew, I think your aftermarket seats are higher than stock. Racers with stock seats can remove the seat pad...

Interesting note, my GT3 seat pads are removable too. biggrin.gif
Andyrew
Its a tad higher, NOT much...

Mainly its because I have it all mounted to the factory seat sliders... I might mount it to the floor if I experience serious problems..
neo914-6
I've got tons of BBR pics, I'm just curious how it is done.
It seems the hood to top angle would change and create a gap under it. Welding the cut at the base of the windshieldwould be difficult. Is there a gap at the base of the windshield?

Maybe they do it in their shop without customers seeing the work. If I were one of their customers, I'd want to know all the details about cutting the structural member...
Brett W
The yellow car looks good, but I would have taken as much out of the body as well to match up. Maybe section out 3 inches or so. It would slim the car down alot.

AS far as seating goes, if you lay the seat way back you can get all kinds of clearence. Look at how a formula car driver sits in the car. Put your butt on the crossmember and lay the seat back towards the firewall. It will get your CG down, lower you in the car and put you in a safer position should your crash.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.