Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GGR a/x school
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trekkor
Do tell...

KT
Randal
Howard and John did a great job organizing the event.

From watching the times drop students were learning and listening to their instructors.

Howard and Larry Sharp did a great job designing the course, which ended up having at least one corner that nobody got right.

Very challenging.

All the students went home tired, as they must have done 15 or 20 runs each.

The only thing I believe the venue needed was a braking venue, along with the skid pad, as this can be a great learning experience for students.
Jenny
I had an absolute BLAST!! I discovered a tranny malfunction once I got there, and Andrew Blyholder was nice enough to instruct me and let me drive his car. In the afternoon sessions, I had Howard Yao (Kermit) as my instructor, and Andrew still let me drive his 914!! Thank you Andrew!!! Without his generousity, the day would have been a bust for me.

Worst time of 57 seconds and change (1st run) and best time of 53 seconds and change smilie_pokal.gif . I wasn't so much concerned with the time as I was with nailing the various turns. I learned a whole bunch, and am definitely signing up for the 2 day class. I had so much seat time yesterday I actually had helmet hair! My entire body aches, and I think I need another day to recover. But I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Next time, in my own teener. The instructors and workers (John didn't even drive yesterday) were amazing. It's humbling to see them give up their saturday to teach us newbies.

Thanks guys. Great work!

Jen
Jenny
QUOTE (Randal @ Feb 27 2005, 08:37 PM)
The only thing I believe the venue needed was a braking venue, along with the skid pad, as this can be a great learning experience for students.

agree.gif I seemed to be having a hard time braking early and hard enough. Either that, or I'd just punch the brake and completely understeer. headbang.gif

Jen
Jenny
Howard and Birgit in Kermit
Jenny
coming thru the first sweeper into the slaloms. Weeee!
Jenny
Looks like Howard's arm sticking out of Kermit. But the helmet color's wrong. No idea who's driving... unsure.gif
Jenny
last one. Sorry for the Andy-esque pictures. Howard, if you want better pictures, drive slower!
Randal
Check out the 914 T-Shirt
Jenny
laugh.gif I only saw the shirt scrunched up, and I thought it was a tail dragger!! lol2.gif lol2.gif They definitely outnumbered us out there on saturday.

Jen
kermit
Trekkor

Thanks for asking. I thought it went pretty well. Most importantly - the weather was good. Notice how it totally poured on Sunday?!! Got lucky for another year.

I wanted to thank Randal and Andrew again for giving up an entire day to come and help instruct (and bring a spare 914 for Jenny to drive - so generous of you Andrew!). As usual, the day was exhausting yet very rewarding.

Jenny "Understeer" Shyu,

Thanks so much for the pics! You take excellent pictures when I'm not moving.

Little tip with photos - decide where you want to take the photo, pre-focus on a cone or something in that area/distance, when the car comes around, you're already pre-focused with the button depressed half way, then just pan with the car and snap when you're ready.

Practice the toe/heel and your hand movements on the steering wheel while driving on the street... you'll be kickin' tail draggin butt in no time.
kermit
Here are a few pics from the school:

http://www.dleong.org/2005/ax/begschool/begschool.htm

I'll post the more 914-centric pics below.
kermit
Cameron McClelland's 914 with that super cool stripe.
kermit
Jenny tearing it up in Andrew's car
kermit
visa versa
kermit
Birgit taking a spin with me.
kermit
fsa
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.