Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How big is a 20 over 73' 2.0L
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shelby/914
Four or five years I had the chance to buy a spare 2.0L for a reasonable amount. It came out of a running car which had just been driven by someone I'd trust. We recently got it out to install in a friends tub for a test run and so he could have a running car while he builds an engine. While cleaning it up we noticed that the case was stamped 20/20 indicating it had been bored out. Was able to email the former owner who confirmed that it had been bored and as he remembered has a non stock cam. So how big would it be if 20 over is correct?

Dan
914Sixer
20/20 is probably referring to the crankshaft and bearings. Has noting to do with bore size of the pistons and cylinders. They would be stated in mm.
colingreene
agree
Dave_Darling
20 over would be 0.020", which is 0.5mm. The dimensions of a stock 2.0 are 94mm x 71mm, for 1971cc. 94.5mm x 71mm would be 1992cc.

But the stamping is far from a guarantee of the size of the cylinders...

--DD
Mark Henry
Although .5mm over on piston & cylinders is something I've seen in the manual I've never seen it done. And I've tore apart lots of VW of Canada rebuilds.
The VW Canada headquarters in Toronto used to rebuild all the VW engines in North America until the early 90's.
All as in all the official VW dealer engines, they had a whole engine production line, I toured it in high school.

My guess it would be case and crank as well.
sean_v8_914
my guess is that the crank main journals have been machined to 0.5mm under size and the rod journals are also machined to 0.5mm under size. like dave said
914runnow
case is stamped on the top and in the middle

020 020...
it is a Ga motor 6529...
Heeltoe914
Crank and bearing... No problem for a street motor I try to avoid for a race motor. But thats just me.
Happy motoring
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.