Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Just got a Mac Powerbook
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPGREER
So, I just got a MAC Powerbook yesterday. Had to replace the P.O.S. Compaq I bought a couple of months ago. This computer is way too cool. In the last 2 months I've purchased an Ipod (for the wifes B-Day), a shuffle (for me) and now the powerbook. I dont know why I took so long to go back to the company I grew up with. It's nice to play around with something different than what I have to suffer through at work. Oh, and I got it hooked up wireless! smilie_pokal.gif This thing is sweet. Just thought I would share. I'll go away for a couple of months now. Oh, and my 914 is doing good too.

Brian
sj914
Congrats(typing this from a powerbook) smilie_pokal.gif
BPGREER
I can't believe how satisfying it is to say finger.gif to the pc. I've been thinking about switching for well over a year now. My dad just bought an imac, so I figured I would follow suit. I may have to eat crow and buy the microsoft office for mac, unless I can find a decent alternative.
sj914
There's Apple Works, but I haven't tried it out yet. Office on the Mac is actually pretty good.
morgan
Welcome fellow mac man
JM
bd1308
i'm an old school mac guy....I am typing this from a powerbook 3400c/240....this thing is sweet!!!! Also have a Performa 6116CD upgraded with a sonnet card.
BPGREER
Thanks Paul,

I'm downloading openoffice right now. If it works out it will save me from forking out the $150 for office.
opera guy
say what you will about desktop pc's, sure, spare parts cheap and all.. but with mac's, you dont really need spare parts smilie_pokal.gif

i've always have had macs...
638performaCD (4x CD-rom), read again, thats 4X, as in FOUR lol
6100 power mac (still ticking)
powerbook 140, chipped!!! from 15mhz to 25mhz (thats 66% faster, no OC'er today will be able to have numbers like that... ahh the good old days)
powerbook 1400C (133mhz to 333G3 via Sonnet upgrade and 20gig hdd, original is 1 gig)
G4 sawtooth
iBook 600mhz g3
g5 iMac (20inch)
powerbook 1.33ghz g4

you konw what i really hate about macs? they dont break! when they dont break, its hard to get permission to upgrade (from mom, now wife).

i had 3 motherboard already, and my pc is only 3 years old. its only a file server, doesnt do anythign significant, cept have 1.5 TB biggrin.gif
Series9
QUOTE (opera guy @ Feb 27 2005, 01:14 PM)

you konw what i really hate about macs? they dont break!

Just keep the chop sticks away from it.

Just kidding, I a Mac guy too. cool.gif
Rhodes71/914
It was about a year ago when I made the switch back to a Mac and I love it. Next will be a Powerbook.

Oh yeah I love my ipod as well.
McMark
Welcome back. clap.gif
CptTripps
I've got you ALL beat...

user posted image

I'm the CTO for a group of companies and they ALL use Macs nearly exclusively...over 200 machines worth anyway.

bd1308: PM me and lets get you something newer than that 3400. I've got WAY newer stuff than that gathering dust in my garage...

Here's a tip for buying MS Office...Get the student/teacher version. It's byte for byte identical to the other versions, and you get 3 serial numbers for $150. (We're ALL students of something...right?
BPGREER
Actually, my wife's a High School English Teacher, so it's completey legit. wink.gif That's a pretty hardcore show of support. I am totally stoked over this computer. It's so nice to have something that doesnt' remind me of work. The quality of the unit itself by far surpasses the PC units I have had. Between the Powerbook, the Ipod, and the airport unit, I feel like I'm finally in step with the times. Wireless internet is unbelievable!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.