Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CHT gauge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
StratPlayer
I just ordered a dakota digital CHT gauge. I have been running a VDO CHT for quite a while. I've decided to give dakota digital a shot, anyone here using a DD CHT gauge, if so how do you like it?
jim_hoyland
I haven't used it, but I have used the Micro 1000sold by Aircraft Spruce CHT. I like the Digital display of The DD gauge. It can be read equally well day or night; the AS unit cannot be read at night ( it's designed as an aircraft gauge )

Good luck with it and.....I haven't forgot; beer.gif
falcor75
When you fit a CHT gauge do you need to modify the area around the spark plug? Seems like its pretty tight around the plug hole to fit anything there?
BeatNavy
I have been using the DD CHT gauge for about a year. I'm happy with it - no issues.

QUOTE(falcor75 @ Jul 21 2015, 03:49 AM) *

When you fit a CHT gauge do you need to modify the area around the spark plug? Seems like its pretty tight around the plug hole to fit anything there?

Yes, I carefully ground away some of the area around #3 spark plug to get a flush fit with the ring and also to make sure the spark plug sits properly. Also, make sure you order the sender wire that's the right fit for our plugs (14 mm IIRC?). That wasn't an option when I first got my gauge, but it is now, and I've since replace it.
Porschef
Ive had the DD gauge for a couple years now, works well. I snuck the wire thru the CHT grommet, which is slightly modified, the gently pulled the wire up thru the tin hole for plug #3, inserted the plug, and installed it. IIRC I had to open the lead hole for the plug ever so little, just to allow the plug to spin easier.

I once started getting very erratic numbers, turned out to be interference from the AFRlead, once I moved that wire, things went back to normal.

The readout is very clear, and dims with the use of headlights.

Yes, I like it.
Mark Henry
I've been looking at this as well, someone told me it just uses a VDO sender, which I already have installed.
Is this true?

Can someone who has done the job post a parts list?
76-914
Probably Mark, the lead, which is 12 ft IIRC, is compatible with the OEM gage. In fact it was more accurate than the OEM lead. FWIW, http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=168001&hl=
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(StratPlayer @ Jul 20 2015, 05:33 PM) *

I just ordered a dakota digital CHT gauge. I have been running a VDO CHT for quite a while. I've decided to give dakota digital a shot, anyone here using a DD CHT gauge, if so how do you like it?

By the way, 485 is waaay too hot. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.