Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 73 2.0 at camp 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
joeav8tor
hello to all,
I have been patiently trying to find a 914...there is a red 73 2.0 at camp 914, that appears to need paint, has some spots of surface rust, and needs some interior refurbing...I was wondering if anyone lives in the area that check the car out for me...the typical rust spots in the longs, hell hole, and jacking points...check how the tranny shifts and how the motor sounds...I understand that people speak highly of craig on this site, I am located on Long Island and would have to have the car shipped...I would greatly appreciate the help...thank you in advance. it is the one he is asking 2500 or 2750 with the rear calipers. smile.gif
Joe
joeav8tor
oops, wrong pic...tried to attach the above car, but instead I attached a photo of me and my wife at the racetrack....joe
skline
Well Joe, you and your wife make a great couple, as for the car, Craig up at Camp914 knows these cars as good as anyone. He will tell you the straight deal on the car. He is a member here, goes as Boxtr or something like that. He sells 914's all the time and has several of them himself. I wouldnt hesitate to buy a car from him if he has what I was looking for. I know this sounds fishy, but I dont live anywhere near Camp914. But I have bought several things from him and he has never given me a bad deal. Good luck with your car purchase.
415PB
QUOTE (skline @ Feb 27 2005, 08:29 AM)
Well Joe, you and your wife make a great couple, as for the car, Craig up at Camp914 knows these cars as good as anyone. He will tell you the straight deal on the car. He is a member here, goes as Boxtr or something like that. He sells 914's all the time and has several of them himself. I wouldnt hesitate to buy a car from him if he has what I was looking for. I know this sounds fishy, but I dont live anywhere near Camp914. But I have bought several things from him and he has never given me a bad deal. Good luck with your car purchase.

agree.gif you really can't go wrong with Craig.
Joe Bob
Yeah Craig is a straight shooter.....just don't get between him and an ebay auction.... wink.gif
Mark Henry
Yep...Creig's a straight shooter, knows these car's and sells parts here, therefore has a big rep to protect. He will tell you the good the bad and the ugly and the car will be exactly as discribed.

He's a no bullshit type of dOOd.

I've never bought parts from him but my buddy has...nice stuff and it was shipped a day after being ordered.

Get him to throw in some camp914 lights and front and rear trunk shock kits. wink.gif
Porsche Rescue
I am a friend and neighbor of Craigs and store a car or two at Camp 914 so not appropriate that I look at it for you. However, he takes good pictures and you should ask him for specific shots of all the areas you are concerned about. I'm sure he would also speak with you at length on the phone and answer your questions. I know he has an extensive paper file on that car from the previous owner. You aren't likely to find anyone on this board who is local to Portland who isn't a friend of Craigs. Perhaps you could ask him to take it to a local shop for a PPI. Probably cost $100-150. Remember however, that a $2500 car will have some shortcomings. Craig has a reputation to uphold in the 914 community and he is not going to intentionally deceive you.
415PB
love the avatar Mikez..................
rick 918-S
Several people here on the BBS live near Craig and visit camp all the time. I don't live anywhere near cap. I met Craig at last years West Coast Classic. I needed a set of rear trunk shocks real bad. I told him I was going to order a set from him when I returned home from the event. He handed me a set and told me to send the money when I could, it will save you the cost of shipping. I never met the guy before and never purchased anything from him. Craig is a cool guy with a passion for 914's. I dought (sp) he will steer you wrong.
joeav8tor
thanks to all for your responses...I appreciate it.
Joe
Bleyseng
Yep, I know Craig and he will give you the straight scoop on the car. You should've jumped on Dan Roots black car but thats sold. You snooze you lose but Craig will sell you a good car.
I'll look at Craigs site to see the pics.
Next time you post a pic of your wife, stay outta the pic! We don't care what you look like!

Geoff bootyshake.gif
anthony
Perhaps you could ask him to take it to a local shop for a PPI. Probably cost $100-150.

That's a good idea for any car you buy. Cheap insurance in my book.
Bleyseng
I'd rather have a knowledgable club member do a PPI. I had one done on a 87 190 16v and it checked out great according to the PPI. Assholes missed quite alot, including why the overhead cams were noisy, the cams/lifters were shot. $5000 and finding a MB racing mechanic who could even work on the engine was a problem. The FREAKING dealer flew a guy in to do the job which in the end cost $8000 to fix. The dealer ate the extra $3000 because they quoted us a price.
I do PPI's around here for free.....

Geoff dry.gif
Root_Werks
I have known Craig for a few years, very hones guy. He sells all he time. He won't try to hide anything from you. He has some very nice cars for sale right now. cool.gif
TravisNeff
I'll add to that..

Just got the grey car last night from Craig, had a few pics and a couple phone calls. The car was far more than I expected. I am a very happy "camp"er

WooHoo! smilie_pokal.gif
red914
well, haven't seen the car, but i can speak for the calipers: they are gorgeous! just plain beautiful! newly rebuilt, and not in theway that i rebuilt mine. i mean refinished inside and out.

and, along with everyone else, i have to say that Craig is A1.
BPGREER
I realize Camp914 has already received an awesome character reference, but I thought I would share my experience... I bout a some driving lights and custom brackets from him. About 4-5 months after purchase I finally got around to installin them. I had a problem removing a particular bolt and made a shot in the dark, calling camp914's number for advice. Expecting an annoyed, unhelpful response, I was amazed at the helpful response. He took the time to go out to his garage and check the bolt I was talking about, sized it up, and told me exactly what I needed. He definately went above and beyond. That's especially rare this day and age. Based on my experience, this is defiantley the kind of guy I would want ot do business with. Not saying you shouldn't do your homework, but I think he will definatley be honest with you. Good luck!!!!
Steve Thacker
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Feb 27 2005, 01:33 PM)
Yep, I know Craig and he will give you the straight scoop on the car. You should've jumped on Dan Roots black car but thats sold. You snooze you lose but Craig will sell you a good  car.
I'll look at Craigs site to see the pics.
Next time you post a pic of your wife, stay outta the pic! We don't care what you look like!

Geoff bootyshake.gif

Yea what he said....We wants to see yo wife the next time (she's a doll).
Maybe posing next to the new teener you get from Craig. laugh.gif

agree.gif
skline
I just checked out that car you were talking about, I wish I would have had the chance at a car like that when I wanted to buy one a few years back. I had a hard time finding anything close to what I wanted but that one is the best year, and best equipt. I think its a deal for what he is asking. Add another 2 to 3k in body and paint and you should have a very nice car.
seanery
I bought a car from Craig right before this board opened up. Craig is a straight shooter and stands behind what he sells.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.