Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: dead wiper motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Geezer914
I have a spare wiper motor that does not work. I have checked all the leads and contacts from the plug to the brushes with a test light and have continuity. When I bench test by grounding #31 and the negative ground on the motor cover to the negative battery post and connect post 53 or 53b to the positive post, nothing happens. What do the 2 resistors do? Anyone know where to get replacements? WTF.gif
screenguy914
Suggest better help response with either an electrical schematic of the motor and/or a photo. Otherwise, your audience are just owners who know about the specific motor.

If beyond home repair, an electric motor rebuilder should be able to repair it.

Best wishes,
Sherwood
Kraftwerk
its GOOD TO StartT WITH A KNOWN WORKING MOTOR IF YOU can. There is probably a good used motor out there somewhere waiting for you.. MY wipers are out too, so I will be watching this thread. IN my experience: anything electric which stops working.. it's the switch that is to blame hardly ever the motor. Though If you think its the resistors they shouldn't be hard to find..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.