Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WAY OT, but ...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
euro911
I know some of us have a penchant for R/C aircraft (or DRONES, as some folks call 'em), to get some really nice aerial scenes - like following, let's say a 914, down the road - or maybe at an autocross session?, or better yet, at the 24 hours of Lemons?

What if you'd like to throw a monkey wrench into your competition's camp?

You'll need one of these babies:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNPJMk2fgJU
EdwardBlume
blink.gif
Harpo
Holey shit that is awesome and a little scary at the same time

stugray
CGI for sure just based on the "flight characteristics".

However to think that something like that is NOT out there somewhere is foolish.

I have seriously considered building a "counter-drone" business/service...
Elliot Cannon
Counter-drone = Mossberg 12 gauge.
zipedadoo
When Red Jacket was on the air they were trying to make an armed drone, don't remember how far they got.
ejm
Doesn't get any better than a fake Russian accent, SOT machineguns and tannerite
euro911
Whether the video is real or not, I still found it entertaining ar15.gif

I just saw a story on the news tonight, where someone installed a semi-auto pistol on a quad-copter blink.gif

I'm sure DARPA has an array of armed-UAVs in their play book (in addition to the missile-firing variety currently deployed in the middle east)
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(stugray @ Jul 21 2015, 04:49 PM) *

It actually looked like the thing was hanging on a wire.

--DD
euro911
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Jul 21 2015, 07:27 PM) *
QUOTE(stugray @ Jul 21 2015, 04:49 PM) *
It actually looked like the thing was hanging on a wire.

--DD
Then how did it fly through a window?
thelogo
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 21 2015, 07:24 PM) *

Whether the video is real or not, I still found it entertaining ar15.gif

I just saw a story on the news tonight, where someone installed a semi-auto pistol on a quad-copter blink.gif

I'm sure DARPA has an array of armed-UAVs in their play book (in addition to the missile-firing variety currently deployed in the middle east)

Well since the dawn of manned flight (1903**)
People( military) have been trying to mount guns (caannons) on the planes

Draw the parallel to drones and it's pretty predictable
EdwardBlume
FedEx is serious about drone deliveries. Scary to think drones can be armed....
colingreene
Do you guys not know about the Predator, Reaper or Avenger UAV's?
mbseto
That vid is entirely CGI. Made its rounds on the internet a number of years ago. The amusing part is: the DoD looked up the source of the video and were asking to see the hardware. But it was entirely done on a game engine.

The problem with this is ratio of vehicle mass to ammo mass. A machine gun is basically a rocket that propels the vehicle backwards and screws up the aim. Compare to the A-10 shooting depleted uranium rounds. Duration of fire is limited because you are pushing so much mass out the front it slows the plane down until it will fall out of the sky.
aircooledtechguy
QUOTE(colingreene @ Jul 22 2015, 03:56 AM) *

Do you guys not know about the Predator, Reaper or Avenger UAV's?

Exactly!! Been doing this for what a couple decades now. In fact before they had weapons, enlisteds were flying them. As soon as they were armed, only officers get the controls. dry.gif

A close friend of mine 3D prints quadcopter chassis. He recently printed up a small missile that accepts a mini Estes rocket motor and has successfully fired it from his quad using the 5th channel on his radio. The rockets are a one time use deal since we can never find them afterwards. Pretty freakin' cool to see. happy11.gif

Anything is possible with the right application of technology and innovation. . . shades.gif
euro911
This is the one that I saw on the news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqHrTtvFFIs

There are no laws on the books regarding this (yet), but some 'federal agents' want to talk to this guy: Click here
sb914
QUOTE(euro911 @ Jul 22 2015, 12:10 PM) *

This is the one that I saw on the news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqHrTtvFFIs

There are no laws on the books regarding this (yet), but some 'federal agents' want to talk to this guy: Click here

Saw that on news this am also. A 18yr old kid with help from professor built it . ar15.gif
DavidSweden
Lets face it any terrorist or crazy can strap a homemade bomb to one of these and fly it into what they like. These drones are readily available and Its only a matter of time before it happens.

Oops hope I didn't give anyone any ideas
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.