Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: How to make your engine problems insignificant
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DNHunt
I spent the last week in Tijauna with a group of 105 kids and adults building 6 homes for the poor. We would probably call them sheds but, the families were thrilled to have them.

It kind of makes problems with the 914 a little insignificant. Of course it gave me one more thing in common with our family. My car doesn't run either.

Here's the new home owners and the work crew.

Dave
DNHunt
Here was home for 4 nights last week. No running water, slit latrines, no electricity.
DNHunt
The people in SoCal know what the weather was like last week. It was impossible to stay warm and dry. Here is camp on Tuesday morning.

Uphill from us was a chicken farm and a dairy. We had some sick people.
DNHunt
Gringos in the Barrio. We had to be out before dark. The kids were great and they beat the sh*t out of our kids playing soccer.
DNHunt
My son Gerry nailing in bird blocks.
DNHunt
The kids got to play 1 day. Friday at Mission Beach.

Sorry about posting a travelogue but, the whole trip really brought home how lucky we are.

Dave
Rhodes71/914
Hey that's great Dave.

I know what you mean about what some people will call a house, but they are just happy to have a place to call home.
Meredith
Did you work with AMOR Ministries?
Demick
Hey Dave. When I grow up, I want to be a Dad like you.

Not only a great thing to do, but what better way to teach a teenager how truely fortunate we all are.

Demick
neo914-6
Dave,
My nephew was there too with his Youth Group. Apparently there were 600 teens and adults... clap.gif
Dr Evil
Aw man, you didn't let me know you were coming. I have done such stuff in the past down there. I enjoyed it very much and it does put everything into perspective. You rock man!
Eddie914
Dave,

Awesome!

Let me know when you plan another project. I'd love to help out!

Good Luck!

Eddie
Brett W
You have done a great service to humanity.

Groups like these have a good purpose, but they really should worry more about the people in our country instead of others first. Something about removing the 2x4 from your own eye before you try and remove the eye lash from someone else's.
ablose58
Way to go Dave smilie_pokal.gif You truly have your heart in the right place biggrin.gif AL
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.