Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pictures of stock 2.0 engine please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Stacks914
Does anyone have pictures of a 1975 2.0 engine bay with Dtronic. Any and all pictures would be appreciated of stock engine! I am trying to figure out where all the hoses go and am having a tough time. Hard start/high idle seems to be running rich! Any help would be appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Mblizzard
Diagram attached.

Click to view attachment
DavidSweden
I have a 76 I think its the same as a 75.
The hoses are a bit different from the 74 as shown in the diagram in the post above. There is no anti flash back valve or hose to the head, There is a hose from the fan housing to the evaporative filter

IPB Image
saigon71
That diagram is gold for getting the hoses right.

If it is still running rich after getting the hoses set, use the last section of this as a troubleshooting guide (My car runs rich and I don't know why"):

http://members.rennlist.com/pbanders/DJetP...tm#troubleshoot

If you can't get the idle lowered with the air bleed screw, you may still have a vacuum leak.

Good luck and keep us posted.
JeffBowlsby
David, do you have vented heads?
Stacks914
Thanks for all the replys guys! I still could use some more photos! That 1976 looks good and clean!! But its a tad different then my 75. But it does help!!!!! I have the Haynes manual and all that but nothing that gives a definate this goes here that goes there. then of course I just found a house which goes to who knows. I can get the car started warm but when cold its nots happening without starter fluid!!!
DavidSweden
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Jul 22 2015, 07:31 AM) *

David, do you have vented heads?

Jeff,
The heads are not vented. Does that have any consequences? The car had smog gear which I removed and I plugged the 4 holes into the exhaust chambers with 1/4 NPT plugs.

Sorry this is not meant to be a hijack
JeffBowlsby
I never realized that the 75-76 2.0 heads were not vented. That's not documented anywhere in factory literature that I know of. Good to know. We need a 75-76 hose diagram.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.