Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: this f-in car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
sweltering in garage yest. while the engine was out i installed a compufire (this engine ran before pulled from the wreck), wrong ,wrong move. fuel pump running, here we go, no fire, no spark . sweat realley dripping from nose now. voltage at + side of coil, can't seem to find ground at -side. study wiring diagram in haynes. had to walk away from it. the piece of shit kept on calling me with its sirens call. see me walking in circles on the other side of the garage, each time getting closer to the car. enough you fool. closed the door. took a shower. will take the day off today. go to ovals and pick up a new set of points and a condenser on mon to throw at it. maybe the birthday fairy touched the car last night. doubt it. look of pity on my wife's face made me feel like a turd.

kevin
DNHunt
Kevin

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Hope you have a nice birthday, I know the car will sort itself out with a little help from you. Probably just a case of gremlins. I swear their favorite place to hide is inside a 914. You'll get it.

Happy Birthday

Dave
914Timo
Happy Birthday Kevin wavey.gif

Dont forget, you are not alone in the hell of 914s...... happy11.gif

You will solve your problems. I have to see if I have afford to do same to mine... unsure.gif
Jeroen
Hey Kevin,

Congrats on the big five-o !!!
And don't worry too much, you'll get the car running soon enough

cheers,

Jeroen
RustyWa
Kevin, how do you like Oval's in Federal Way? Their logo looks like they do VW performance stuff but, when I talked to the guy, he said pretty much stock only and rarely work on type 4's.

I've been there numerous times, looking for just basic parts but have stuck out all but once. They did have a big stash of distributer shaft o-rings....when I needed one.

Just curious.
Bleyseng
Yeah, ya broke the old rule, "keep it simple, stupid" by adding in compufire equation to starting the engine. Good try though. Happy Birthday, ya ole fart!

Geoff
rhodyguy
eric, as they tell me everytime, "we DO NOT work on 914's!". "that's okay, i only want t-4 PARTS". they are a good source for fasteners, cheese head screws, idf intake gaskets and the like. they will work on your t-4 bus all day long.

kevin
boxstr
Welcome to the 50 club. AARP notices will be coming sooner than you think.
CCLIN56LAND
Aaron Cox
i almost, (repeat: ALMOST) did the same thing. my dad stopped me from installing the pertronix ignitor before the engine started. made it work with points, put the ignitor in...and home free!

happy 50 man beerchug.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.