Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone going to the 2015 Nor Cal Vintage VW & Porsche Treffen ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dominic
I ran across this on Craigslist and was wondering if any Norcal 914 world members are attending? Sunday August 2nd

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/eby/pts/5136590464.html

I'd like to go if I get my car on the road before then sad.gif
Martin Baker
I am going, not sure which car I am taking. I made a deal with the guy who runs it to bring 1 car for sure, I would need a driver for second, as seen here in 2012. The link actually shows my cars there in 2012. Nice of him to feature them, as some really rare stuff has shown up in the past.
Mueller
I'll be going....no 914 however sad.gif
Mike Bellis
I don't think my car will be off jack stands but you never know... I'm not sure they want a water cooled car there anyway...
Nemisus
This is the weekend I pick up my clean 73 tub? I am on vacation the entire week of the 3rd... hmm wonder if I can make for this? Would be nice to see.
Martin Baker
QUOTE(Mike Bellis @ Jul 24 2015, 02:46 PM) *

I don't think my car will be off jack stands but you never know... I'm not sure they want a water cooled car there anyway...

FYI for first timers. Guy that puts this on is very nice, and he is a 914/Early 911 owner. This event is focused on fun. You will be/are Welcome.

Its a long haul for me, but fun. Allot of 356 types. Not may 911 types. I have not been since 2012. Might be more 911 guys this year, mostly VW guys/cars, air cooled, I admire the effort to unite/rally the two marques. No assigned parking areas, or trophies. Wraps up around Noon, and swapping is allowed if it fits in your car.
matthepcat
I want to go.

63 miles each way...that's like 2 tanks for me smile.gif

Anyone without a working 914 could ride with me as long as they don't mind going slow on the freeway. ( low gears )
PotterPorsche
I plan to attend. Not sure I will be driving the 914 . Still repairing the front hood that was damaged on Halloween.
72 IXXIV
I'm going to try and make it...I saw a flyer at EASY the other day
SirAndy
idea.gif

I'll try to make it, it's too close to not give it a shot ...
driving.gif
matthepcat
Did anyone make it to this today? I was bummed I had to miss it.

Matt
SirAndy
My car didn't start ...
sad.gif
Dominic
Yes, I can't remember all of the names, but there were at least eight 914's on display. As this was my first event I have attended since coming back to Nor Cal, I really enjoyed it and met some great people there. Hope to do it again next year biggrin.gif

Sorry, I don't have any pics to share.
PotterPorsche
I stayed home and made good progress on the 914. Front cowl and hood almost ready for primer
Mueller
I went...had a good time talking to new and old friends!

It was great seeing you again Dominic and meeting your wife and 2 charming boys!
We need to do this more often!

No time to post pics, but my favorite vehicles in no particular order:

VW baja bug with an Acura 3.5L V6, super clean install.

VW bus transporter with a 3.2L 911 motor mounted mid-engine attached to a 944 tranaxle with about a 1.5 foot long torque tube.

Corvair with a 3.6L 911 engine AND complete C4 drive train...yes, so it is all wheel drive!

LeftCoastErik
well crap, I thought it was later in the month...booo
looks like it was fun!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.