Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How do you remove the back pad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
clark2
I took out the seats and removed the 4 screws at the bottom of the pad and the hood knob, but it seems to be held by something on the top. Does it lift up and out or are there screws I am missing?
Aaron Cox
it has tabs holding it in.

pull the bottom of the backpad forward 8 inches and the tabs will diengage..... wink.gif
scotty914
pull the bottom down and out, or is it up, or it might be to the side, dont rmember which side but if you go the wrong way the car blows up

down and out
clark2
Thanks, I will try it right now - I love this sight.
r_towle
Back pad needs to go up or the car will catch on fire and the ensuing flames will create a large vacuum that sucks you into the passenger side longitudinal....once inside though you will see Miles.

Rich
Rand
UP.... lift up. The tabs at the top hold it in place. The fiber board material that holds the tabs that fit into the slots will rip loose on old material, so be careful. If all the screws and clips are off, it should lift up then away from the firewall.
Garland
I Need to end this link with correct information.
You must lower the pad to slide the clips that are mounted to the backpad down, and out from the firewall.
Aaron Cox post is correct:
"it has tabs holding it in.
pull the bottom of the backpad forward 8 inches and the tabs will diengage....".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.