Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody see the 300 hp 1970 914-6 Race Car?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wndsnd
$27,500.

drooley.gif
r_towle
Stop it.
infraredcalvin
Any pics or more info? I didn't see it in my pano...actually I dint see any 914s unless I missed...
rhodyguy
is the car green and possibly in virginia?
JmuRiz
Listed as:
1970 914-6 $27,000
Red/White. 0 miles.. Race ready 300hp, 2000lb, 3ltr in a 3.2 case, custom Dawe 12 plug race engine with 3 hrs, POM's, 2 sets ignition (electromotive and COP), Pete Weber tuned exhaust (90bbs), Velios 915 trans with custom gears (matched to power curve), hydraulic clutch, EPR race suspension, big brakes, 2 sets Pano 3-piece wheels, gusseted cage. PCA log book. Car turned 57 seconds at LRP.
Woodstock, Conn

Typing it out, it seems the parts are work more than the price alone....odd
I wrote the seller to see if it's still available. I never planned on a racecar, but maybe if it's a good one me and my brother may take that leap biggrin.gif
stownsen914
I know the car, and the seller a bit as well. It's a very nice racecar, and damn fast. I ran with him at Lime Rock a few years ago. It's a good deal if you're looking for a car like that. Apparently people these days want to put that kind of money toward a cup car or a cayman build.
JmuRiz
Good to know, hopefully I hear from him before it's sold biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
Wasn't Cafro (the owner) on one of these forums for a while? Heck, it might have even been back on Rennlist or Pphiles...

--DD
GregAmy
Is this Neil Cawley, RHD green car? He was selling one On a Racing Board That Shall not Be Linked To for $30k and not getting bites. He's looking to build a P2 sports racer.

Seems like a nice car, I was very interested but I need another race car like I need a hole in my head.

GA
JmuRiz
Dave said it sold Monday...oh well.
naro914
wow...engine & trans alone was worth close to that...
Kills me to know how much we've put into Papa Smurf and how little it's worth...
Cory M
JmuRiz-

We bought this car and shipped it west. It has a very well built chassis with lots of nice parts. Engine starts right up and sounds sweet. We haven't taken it to the track yet and will need to change to a wider seat before we do. We've got a bunch of 911 projects going now and a couple racecars, so if you are seriously interested in buying still send me a pm or email.
ChrisFoley
Dave took a beating on that sale.
It took a long time to sell and he didn't get anywhere close to his starting price.
He would have been better off to part it out.
Race cars are real hard to sell.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(JmuRiz @ Jul 30 2015, 09:24 AM) *

Listed as:
1970 914-6 $27,000
Red/White. 0 miles.. Race ready 300hp, 2000lb, 3ltr in a 3.2 case, custom Dawe 12 plug race engine with 3 hrs, POM's, 2 sets ignition (electromotive and COP), Pete Weber tuned exhaust (90bbs), Velios 915 trans with custom gears (matched to power curve), hydraulic clutch, EPR race suspension, big brakes, 2 sets Pano 3-piece wheels, gusseted cage. PCA log book. Car turned 57 seconds at LRP.

Camber boxes and other work done at Tangerine Racing in 2008.
Click to view attachment
r_towle
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Oct 12 2015, 02:18 PM) *

It took a long time to sell and he didn't get anywhere close to his starting price.

Are there certain websites that a deal like this would typically be posted so it might align with a grew month I may be having?
r_towle

Are there certain websites that a deal like this would typically be posted so it might align with a great month I may be having?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 12 2015, 08:35 PM) *

Are there certain websites that a deal like this would typically be posted so it might align with a great month I may be having?

It was advertised in multiple locations over the last couple of years.
ChrisFoley
QUOTE(r_towle @ Oct 12 2015, 08:35 PM) *

It was advertised in multiple locations over the last couple of years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.