Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My baby was taken way - sniff!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Qarl
Bye!
Qarl
Empty car bay... sniff!

Now I have room to clean and refinsh all the parts!
L8Apex
LOL! love that oil stain!
Qarl
Not an oil stain... just a dirty old towel on the floor!
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(kellzey @ Jun 8 2003, 11:06 AM)
Not an oil stain... just a dirty old towel on the floor!

suuuuuuurrrrrreee, Karl. wink.gif
Qarl
I hacked into Defense Logistics Command's central mainframe and requested a high-resolution image from the Air Force's Keyhole 7 military satellite network.

Resolution: 1 foot
Acquisition date: 06-08-2003
seanery
hey, why are you selling the gt valence on ebay?

aren't you doing a gt-conversion on your car?
Qarl
I had two.

Sold the 2nd one.
seanery
who'dya get the other from?
jtf914
The second pic looks like it should have a chalk outline. laugh.gif
Qarl
One came from Patrick Motorsports, the other from AA.
Mueller
What is the ETA to the get the car back from the shop??

Mike
Qarl
I had the FBI digitally enhance the Keyhole 7 photo and this is what I discovered.

I think this was the work of one Mike Mueller!
maf914
Karl,

If I remember correctly, you were going to back date to early bumpers, then decided to go with fiberglass instead. What have you learned about fiberglass quality? Are you keeping the AA or Patrick piece? I'd like to move away from the big baby bumpers on my 76 and would really like to know who makes the best FG pieces.

Mike
Bleyseng
I just did the back dating to early bumpers. I got a front fiberglass bumper from HighPreformanceHouse that was sweet. Fit and finish was excellent. I had a few pics with it on posted. I then got the early chrome bumper from Korijo and a nice rubber top from Rich and installed that. Damn Seattle drivers park by sound and where banging into the fiberglass unit and I didn't want it wrecked. I'll stick it back on for racing.
Brad has said they lay their own glass on their own nice molds, the results show.
Geoff
Qarl
I had only purchased the front valence piece from AA.

I purchased a complete set of all valences and rockers from Patrick. I decided to keep and use the Patrick pieces since they were all made by the same person.

The body guy said the Patrick pieces were great. One thing to look out for is being sure they are sufficiently thick and rigid.

Also, some people have made molds from molds from molds and you have a 4th generation piece. Sometimes they end up being slightly smaller than they should.

Fit and finish were fine from both vendors.

Note: neither of them had provisions for mounting to your car body, so you will need either fabricate and glass in some mounting brackets, or mount with Dzus (spelling?) connectors.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.