Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: measurement please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
machina
my motor has a generic wierd dip stick tube on it and I am not sure of the oil level because it is pretty tall.

can someone give me the exact distanc from the base of the tube where it meets the case to the top of the tube??

then I can compare what I got to an old dipstick I have here...

thank ya
groot
On my engine, it measures a few thousands shy of 6" using a caliper.

What's up, Dave? Have you had a chance to run the car recently?

Still cold as hell up here....
TheCabinetmaker
I've seen several different heights on the tube, the stick, and even a 2.0 with no tube and the level reads right on.
machina
QUOTE (groot @ Feb 27 2005, 06:00 PM)
What's up, Dave? Have you had a chance to run the car recently?

I was going to race this weekend at Sebring but there was just too many things on the car I couldn't get done in time, even though I worked all day friday and friday night.

So I will run a test day at Moroso next sunday and then the next vintage race in about a month.

I hate the feeling of rushing before an event but it always seems to happen. This time I felt like there was a safety issue regarding things not done or not checked.
wilchek
tube is 161MM long and sticks out of the case at total of 150MM. Should be the same for all 4 cyl.
machina
actually I need the distance from the engine tin to the top. I realize it sticks a couple inches below the tin but the tin is my reference point.
machina
This is what I'm talking about....
groot
That's the 6" measurement I took.... which is pretty close to 150mm.
machina
QUOTE (groot @ Feb 28 2005, 10:08 AM)
That's the 6" measurement I took.... which is pretty close to 150mm.

then mine is way off, I have 4" there.
groot
I'll check again tonight to be sure. I measured to where the dipstick enters the case, which is what I think your pic shows.
JoeSharp
If the bottom loin of the picture is where the tin sits its 3.25 on two of my cars. A 2L and an 1.8. Thats from the tin to the lip on the dip stick.
Joe
machina
QUOTE (Joe Sharp @ Feb 28 2005, 12:51 PM)
If the bottom loin of the picture is where the tin sits its 3.25 on two of my cars

that seems about right from what I remember.

I think the 6" dimension is from where it enters the case itself lower down below the oil fill tower.
wilchek
3 3/8 (maybe a 1/16 more)inches in the car. I measured both the 1.7 and 2.0 both from 73 and got the same measurement. That should make more sense. Good Luck
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.