Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Laguna Seca
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bcheney
Visited Laguna Seca yesterday and while overlooking the track my wife found something pretty cool...check out the brick in front of me. Who knows the story behind this brick??
bcheney
QUOTE(bcheney @ Jul 25 2015, 11:48 AM) *

Visited Laguna Seca yesterday and while overlooking the track my wife found something pretty cool...check out the brick in front of me. Who knows the story behind this brick??

Maltese Falcon
Good find !
When our original group of guys on this site were known as 914club we were all contributing donations into funding our Laguna Seca cornerstone
"Brick". The site was owned by Brad...then sold off to George at AA in Marietta, Ga.
Sir Andy brought us into 914world, with the majority of us all being original Club members....but it would be cool if Laguna (now Mazda Laguna Seca) is still offering these personalized Bricks for a new
914world cornerstone.
Laguna Seca may return to its original namesake, it is in negotiations with the perspective buyers.
Marty
Cairo94507
I would donate to a 914World.Com brick. I hate that these places changes names all of the time for advertising money. People mention places and I have no clue as to what they are talking about because I still call it Laguna Seca, etc.
wes
agree.gif though I'll change my name if they come up with the big $$! piratenanner.gif
VegasRacer
QUOTE(bcheney @ Jul 25 2015, 08:48 AM) *

Who knows the story behind this brick??

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act...ghlite=%2Bbrick

There are 2 bricks.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Maltese Falcon
I recall that someone suggested the imprint of the jackstand inscribed into our Laguna Seca Brick ! lol-2.gif
Marty
rhodyguy
i'd be in for $20 on that deal. let's get it done.
damesandhotrods
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Jul 25 2015, 09:03 AM) *

Good find !
When our original group of guys on this site were known as 914club we were all contributing donations into funding our Laguna Seca cornerstone
"Brick". The site was owned by Brad...then sold off to George at AA in Marietta, Ga.
Sir Andy brought us into 914world, with the majority of us all being original Club members....but it would be cool if Laguna (now Mazda Laguna Seca) is still offering these personalized Bricks for a new
914world cornerstone.
Laguna Seca may return to its original namesake, it is in negotiations with the perspective buyers.
Marty

Are you sure the track is in negotiations with perspective buyers, or perspective operators? Just because it can’t be found on the interweb doesn’t mean it isn’t happening, but I would think that local control would have a better chance of fighting the Highway 68 crazies.International
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Jul 25 2015, 10:36 AM) *

i'd be in for $20 on that deal. let's get it done.

I'm in for a 20 spot; the logo is already done, see top of the page ^
stevegm
I'm in for $20.
Andyrew
In for $20,

I thought it was only for a certain point of time though as they were doing that paving..
harlenl
Info on the buyout of MRLS has been all over the Internet for a while. Here's one:

http://sportscar365.com/industry/report-is...-seca-takeover/

The $ for the brick helped to fund improvements to the track since SCRAMP is a non-profit. Granted the track sits on a county park and the county should take responsibility, but that would be too political.

I'm assuming ticket prices will go up.

HL
damesandhotrods
QUOTE(harlenl @ Jul 25 2015, 09:46 PM) *

Info on the buyout of MRLS has been all over the Internet for a while. Here's one:

http://sportscar365.com/industry/report-is...-seca-takeover/

The $ for the brick helped to fund improvements to the track since SCRAMP is a non-profit. Granted the track sits on a county park and the county should take responsibility, but that would be too political.

I'm assuming ticket prices will go up.

HL

So Monterey County is retaining ownership, the deal is only a concession to operate. The track is not for sale. SCRAMP is finally being kicked to the curb and professionals brought in to run the track. With all of the millions of dollars that SCRAMP has donated, it is hard to believe that they couldn’t keep a couple hundred thousand around to fix up and maintain the place.
EdwardBlume
I think I have a few 914club shirts left I use to clean the toilets.

We should take a vote to see if we want to update the brick. Since the original dollars came from members here and not AA, I would say it works.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.