Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Introduction
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
porschetub
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment

First post on here but have been lurking for a while.
Not new to forums but new on here ,last year I purchased a 74 914 2.0 (paperwork says 73) which has run up a fair bit of history.
Imported to my country around 1995 from the west coast of the US by the PO,it was restored by a leading shop in the North Island.
The work only consisted of minor panelwork and a repaint in silver,one area under the battery was plated over also,after being run on the road for a short time it was deemed to slow and the then owner started a six conversion based on a SC 3.0 set up for Motronic injection.
Most if not all "six'' parts were imported or fabricated off an original car he had the use of for a while.
The work stalled during him moving houses and it ended up it a friends barn for a long period,the original shop fitted up the motor/gearbox modified brakes and exhaust before this time
Fast forward to 2013 when I meet the owner and said I loved the car his reply was that he had purchased a mid 70's 911 and wanted the motor for that so it was for sale.
Due to family illness I didn't take pocession of the car till earlier this year,what a day that was smile.gif ,a true timepiece in amazing condition.

Plans are to complete conversion and I'am well underway,will add details of car spec's soon,cheers.
914forme
Nice story and welcome.png
Mike1981
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jul 25 2015, 07:51 PM) *
First post on here but have been lurking for a while.
Not new to forums but new on here ,last year I purchased a 74 914 2.0 (paperwork says 73) which has run up a fair bit of history.
Imported to my country around 1995 from the west cost of the US by the PO,it was restored by a leading shop in the North Island.
The work only consisted of minor panelwork and a repaint in silver,one area under the battery was plated over also,after being run on the road for a short time it was deemed to slow and the then owner started a six conversion based on a SC 3.0 set up for Motronic injection.
Most if not all "six'' parts were imported or fabricated off an original car he had the use of for a while.
The work stalled during him moving houses and it ended up it a friends barn for a long period,the original shop fitted up the motor/gearbox modified brakes and exhaust before this time
Fast forward to 2013 when I meet the owner and said I loved the car his reply was that he had purchased a mid 70's 911 and wanted the motor for that so it was for sale.
Due to family illness I didn't take pocession of the car till earlier this year,what a day that was smile.gif ,a true timepiece in amazing condition.
Plans are to complete conversion and I'am well underway,cheers

Looks very clean
Maltese Falcon
Welcome Porschetub welcome.png
Keep posting your progress pics !
Marty
914Sixer
Sweet looking ride !
Spoke
welcome.png
76-914
Clean! welcome.png
porschetub
Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid=509
697]Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentClick to view attachment[attachmentid
=509695]Thanks for the kind words,have been on euro cars all my life pretty much and these little cars always ticked the boxes for me,saw one 25yrs ago and knew I had to have one.....long wait but nevermind smile.gif .
The condition is quite remarkable really,even the green dot jack has never been used,seriously barely a mark on it,the dash is totally uncracked under the cover also,don't get me wrong its no show pony but a very tidy drivers car.

More pics anyone biggrin.gif
Shadowfax
welcome.png
rgalla9146
Beautiful car !
Don't usually see an original 6 front motor mount on a conversion car. The part on the body is fabricated ?
What are the front calipers ? how are they mounted ?
Could you provide details and possibly a pic or two ?
Thank you
porschetub
QUOTE(rgalla9146 @ Jul 27 2015, 05:01 AM) *

Beautiful car !
Don't usually see an original 6 front motor mount on a conversion car. The part on the body is fabricated ?
What are the front calipers ? how are they mounted ?
Could you provide details and possibly a pic or two ?
Thank you

Thanks,correct the mount was copied off a factory original,it uses a NOS original rubber mount.
The brakes are 944s2 and have engineered mounts to fit,in my country caliper adaptors are illegal so this is the only solution,the fronts are mounted using offset inserts,the rears have new mounting points welded to the trailing arms,new 19mm mastercylinder of course.
The handbrake system is 911,I'am pleased to say the whole conversion is done to a high standard as this car will have a very strict inspection to return to the road this is a good thing.
Cheers.
ConeDodger
The mount on my car uses what appears to be an original 6 mount. It was designed by McMark at Original Customs. You can get them there...
porschetub
QUOTE(ConeDodger @ Jul 27 2015, 08:41 AM) *

The mount on my car uses what appears to be an original 6 mount. It was designed by McMark at Original Customs. You can get them there...

Thanks (?) but sorry I'am a little confused I have the body mount on and welded solidly,do you mean the engine bolt on mount ?....if so I have that built by the same shop but I might add its heavier than the original,cheers
EdwardBlume
welcome.png welcome.png

Enjoy the ride!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.