Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Door pillar vents
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
porschetub
Can anyone tell me if the target/dartboard plastic vent trims in the upper rear pillars are fitted to all cars,my car is very original but does'nt have them ,also what is there function ?,thanks
dlkawashima
I do not believe they were fitted to all cars. My '73 has them as does my '75. I believe you mentioned your car is a '74 2-liter, so my *guess* is that your car would originally have had them too, but again that is just a guess on my part.
Tom_T
I'm pretty sure they all had them Dave & porschetub, but were often lost & never replaced if broken or taken off for a repaint or detailing, etc.

Mine were taken off by the dealer who had repainted it when new at customer request, but were never put back on until I did so after 3 years in `75/76.

They were there as a finish piece & held the round foam "air filter" of questionable worth in that purpose, for the flow thru ventilation.

welcome.png

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
mepstein
Early cars did not have them. Mid and late model did. 6's did not have them
porschetub
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 27 2015, 09:34 AM) *

Thanks all ,I thought that weren't that useful,don't see them come up for sale much so maybe not much demand.....
I'am trying to keep the weight down in my car and anything thats not functional is gone biggrin.gif ,cheers.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 26 2015, 03:34 PM) *

agree.gif
Kansas 914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Jul 27 2015, 06:26 PM) *

QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 26 2015, 03:34 PM) *

agree.gif

My early '72 did not have them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.