Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Part request for 914rubber
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mepstein
Mark - please make replacement mirror glass for both early and late mirrors. Thanks
Mr Pharmacist
I got a replacement mirror glass from my local glazier. He cut me one for about £6 (I'm in the UK but I'm sure any glazier can do the same)
Mike Fitton
QUOTE(mepstein @ Jul 26 2015, 12:58 PM) *

Mark - please make replacement mirror glass for both early and late mirrors. Thanks

I am going to get some early glass cut next week my guy charges me $10 each. Let me know if you want any and I will add yours to my order. You can just pay for shipping. Is there a difference from early to late?
bdstone914
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jul 26 2015, 02:25 PM) *

I am going to get some early glass cut next week my guy charges me $10 each. Let me know if you want any and I will add yours to my order. You can just pay for shipping. Is there a difference from early to late?

Early and late are different sizes. Good price. I have a glass shop that does it for $25 and fits the glass to each mirror. Had a cheaper source but they were sloppy and could have gaps in the corners.
Mikey914
Yes I had started working on these. They waterjet cut pretty well, but the issue is that we need a lead in and it leaves a tab that we need to grind off. I can get a tool to do this cheaply, but I've been tied up on a few other projects lately. I will have them in the future.
mepstein
I need 6 of each but I'm in no rush. Thanks
mepstein
QUOTE(Mike Fitton @ Jul 26 2015, 05:25 PM) *

Thanks for offer but I'll wait on mikey and add it to other parts i need to buy.
pete000
Just an FYI, I ordered an early mirror from AA and later a late version, they were both the same size and did not quite fit ether mirror properly.

I broke one of my mirrors upon dis-assembly.

Also I had no expectations or proper fitment from the supplier I you know what I mean...
ripper911
I know that AA usually keeps both sizes of mirrors in stock, but you have to count on them grabbing the right one for your order. rolleyes.gif
913B

How can you tell for the early ones, the crease in the elbow ?
I would be interested in 2 if the offer is still open.
Thanks
Ted
boxsterfan
Part Request: Part#: 914 - Please make entire 914's again. beer3.gif
scotty b
QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 27 2015, 04:29 AM) *

I know that AA usually keeps both sizes of mirrors in stock, but you have to count on them being sober and on their proper meds when grabbing your order. rolleyes.gif

agree.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(porsche913b_sp @ Jul 27 2015, 03:22 PM) *

How can you tell for the early ones, the crease in the elbow ?
I would be interested in 2 if the offer is still open.
Thanks
Ted

Early has a hard 90 angle on the chrome arm. Late is curved and slightly larger glass.
ripper911
QUOTE(scotty b @ Jul 27 2015, 03:35 PM) *

QUOTE(ripper911 @ Jul 27 2015, 04:29 AM) *

I know that AA usually keeps both sizes of mirrors in stock, but you have to count on them being sober and on their proper meds when grabbing your order. rolleyes.gif

agree.gif

agree.gif

rolleyes.gif

Y'all can't blame me anymore.
914Sixer
Sierra Madre has the cut mirrors and in stock.
mepstein
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Jul 27 2015, 09:41 PM) *

Sierra Madre has the cut mirrors and in stock.

I need 10 of them and I bet mikey can do better on price than sm.
914Sixer
You are correct about the price.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.