Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Part request for 914rubber or Spoke
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mark Henry
A low profile, semi-correct appearing wart
Something that looks right on the car, but sits low profile, preferably LED.

Pretty please pray.gif
vw505
I would go for a set myself.
Mikey914
While this can be done. The real question becomes aesthetics. The tooling cost is reasonable, but what appeals one person, will not necessarily appeal to another. To make it work for me I have to look at producing 50- 100 sets. I often go long on these if they are factory parts to make them affordable. So yes I can your set is $800. The more that like them bring the cost down to about $26 a set at 100 sets.
Mark Henry
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 26 2015, 09:36 PM) *

While this can be done. The real question becomes aesthetics. The tooling cost is reasonable, but what appeals one person, will not necessarily appeal to another. To make it work for me I have to look at producing 50- 100 sets. I often go long on these if they are factory parts to make them affordable. So yes I can your set is $800. The more that like them bring the cost down to about $26 a set at 100 sets.

I was thinking just a lens that fits in the factory base almost flush and when looked at head on still looks like the factory wart.
LED should make the bulb bit do-able.

I though about just cutting the lens down, but it has a taper.
Another idea is to cut the factory lens down and make a new smaller base. idea.gif

Once I get the /6 conversion done paint will be the next job, I would just delete the wart but I need to figure out something else for a marker. The front corners on the 914 are poorly lit without the wart.
A good looking wart would be a good alternative.
Dave_Darling
LED truck or trailer lights. You should be able to find one that fits--if you find one whose looks you like, you're golden.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.