Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Torsion Bars
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mblizzard
Ok so I just went thru the front suspension. New rubber bushings, ball joints, tie rods. When I put it all back the ride height was very low and I used all of the adjustment on the adjusters.

I know you can remove the rear cap and change the position on the spline but considering how low it is there is not enough adjustment to raise it to the right height.

Is there some trick to hold the bar in place while changing the position of the rear cap? It seems if I remove the cap any tension in the bar will be lost and it must have more tension to raise the height.

I must be missing something.
poorsche914
Did you have the suspension hanging free when you bolted the torsion bars in?

driving.gif
Mark Henry
Lift it higher, let the the arms hang, remove the rear bit, turn and replace it.
If it won't hang low enough get someone to push down on the wheel.

Do it several times till you get the height you want with the adjuster centered.

BTW I bet doing it the opposite way than what you think will work. shades.gif
Mblizzard
I thought so on the hanging but I did not have the wheels on. Will jack back up and remove the caps and make sure. Should sway bar be disconnected?
r_towle
Yes, disconnect one side
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.