Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Suflower 74 Challenge build.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrfourteen
Moving to build challenge mode I hope to get better exposure there

JRust
Nice! Another Oregon teener too. We need to get together soon so I can see it in person
mgp4591
Great detail and a very clean build so far- welcome to the funhouse! welcome.png smilie_pokal.gif
bandjoey
Great looking car. Before u go too far get Tangerine Racings stainless gas lines. Put the plastic ones in your museum biggrin.gif
pete000
I agree after such a fantastic restoration why use the risky plastic fuel lines ???
rick 918-S
Nice and nice British fleet too.
Cairo94507
That's the way to do it. Do it once, do it right and then you don't have to do it again.
JawjaPorsche
QUOTE(bandjoey @ Jul 27 2015, 12:27 AM) *

Great looking car. Before u go too far get Tangerine Racings stainless gas lines. Put the plastic ones in your museum biggrin.gif

agree.gif on replacing those fuel lines. Your teener looks awesome! I love the contrast of the yellow and black.
iwanta914-6
beautiful work! drooley.gif
wes
Very well done you've got a winner on your hands!
francar
nice clap56.gif popcorn[1].gif
mrfourteen
Gone to build challenge
pete000
Love fresh paint !
Alphaogre
drooley.gif
Cairo94507
Beautiful job.
Johny Blackstain
thumb3d.gif
EdwardBlume
Looks great! aktion035.gif
mrfourteen
build challenge
LowBridge
great looking restore... keep at it
Dave_Darling
QUOTE(mrfourteen @ Aug 24 2015, 08:59 PM) *

Yes that's right carbs. No antique smog tune FI for this one.

No antique FI, just more-antique carburetors! biggrin.gif

Beautiful work BTW.

--DD
914-300Hemi
Looks great smilie_pokal.gif
Michael RD
Very nice! And Yellow Too!
If I can make a suggestion, In your pic. of the fuel tank well in the front chassis. It appears that the anti-sway bar is retained by "U" bolts.(?)
My parts car has those and they ripped half inch slots in the inner fender - until the bottom of the fuel tank became the rubbing surface. I fabed a pair of three hole inner flanges using the outers as a pattern. -All in IMHO. (If I wernt so computer illerate I'd post a pic.) Excellent work!
PanelBilly
Looks so nice. Keep updating the progress
mrfourteen
They have been in there for 30+ years with no issues so there they stay.

QUOTE(Michael RD @ Sep 6 2015, 11:15 AM) *

Very nice! And Yellow Too!
If I can make a suggestion, In your pic. of the fuel tank well in the front chassis. It appears that the anti-sway bar is retained by "U" bolts.(?)
My parts car has those and they ripped half inch slots in the inner fender - until the bottom of the fuel tank became the rubbing surface. I fabed a pair of three hole inner flanges using the outers as a pattern. -All in IMHO. (If I wernt so computer illerate I'd post a pic.) Excellent work!

mrfourteen
Carbs are new, simple and reliable.
FI is 40 years old, and oh so reliable not to mention the ease of obtaining replacement parts especially when sitting by the road wondering what widget finally went into retirement.
Oh heck just tow it to any local shop and they'll have it right as rain in no time at all.
I have the complete system neatly boxed and ready for the next owner to reinstall, hope they have fun with it.
Should run great with that cam and big bore kit.
Maybe I'm just as opinionated as the FI guys. stirthepot.gif

QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Sep 5 2015, 04:02 PM) *

QUOTE(mrfourteen @ Aug 24 2015, 08:59 PM) *

Yes that's right carbs. No antique smog tune FI for this one.

No antique FI, just more-antique carburetors! biggrin.gif

Beautiful work BTW.

--DD

draganc
Excellent job!

Can you do me a favor an post some pics from the brake area (front and back)?

tanks!
Cairo94507
Hey it's your car. Build it to your wants and desires.

I had a front sway bar reinforcement rip out of my 2nd Six, but that car was set up pretty stiff and I drove it pretty hard back then. For the repair I had the new triangular pieces welded in and it never budged after that. But if you have been well served by the set-up you have, I see no reason to worry unless you are going to put some big ol' fat sticky tires on and race the daylights out of it.

Your car is looking better than factory fresh so please keep posting pictures.
mrfourteen
Gone to build challenge
draganc
Excellent and thanks for the quick response.

Actually, what I meant with front and back was the front and back of the individual brake area, hence the front and back view.

I'm interested in particular of the routing of the brake and emergency lines.

thanks again!!!
draganc
PS: Again, dang that's a nice clean car!!
mrfourteen
Gone to build challenge
Stacks914
Nice!
jkb944t
Great work!
Olympic 914
Very nice looking project.

I'm traveling down the same road and your pictures will be helpful when I start putting my pieces back together.

Great Job.. beer.gif
draganc
BTW, what kind of bushings did you use for the a-arms?
mrfourteen

Graphite poly

QUOTE(draganc @ Sep 21 2015, 02:27 PM) *

BTW, what kind of bushings did you use for the a-arms?

arkitect
QUOTE(mrfourteen @ Sep 20 2015, 08:34 PM) *

Yeah it's just a 4 with skinny tires and stock sways, should be fine for a street driver.
More pics ( I don't know if these are brake area ) could be that draganc wanted to see.
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Sep 20 2015, 07:59 PM) *

Hey it's your car. Build it to your wants and desires.

I had a front sway bar reinforcement rip out of my 2nd Six, but that car was set up pretty stiff and I drove it pretty hard back then. For the repair I had the new triangular pieces welded in and it never budged after that. But if you have been well served by the set-up you have, I see no reason to worry unless you are going to put some big ol' fat sticky tires on and race the daylights out of it.

Your car is looking better than factory fresh so please keep posting pictures.

What's the story with the wheel spacers? 4 lug to 4 lug. Different pattern?

Dave
LowBridge
OMG... what a great looking 914, fantastic job.
mrfourteen
Gone to build challenge
arkitect
Studs for the wheels makes a lot more sense, hard to line up the four lug bolts. biggrin.gif

Dave
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.