Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Camp 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
MrLeeS
Has anybody dealt with Camp 914 recently? I ordered a set of hood shocks on June 4, sent several (3) emails since and have had no response. This is my 3rd set of hood shocks I've ordered from him, plus I've purchased the driving light kit and never had any issues before. I just want to make sure there isn't some mysterious issue before I complain to PayPal for a refund.
mepstein
Craig is a good guy. call him. I heard he is better about the phone than email.
02loftsmoor
I have parts ordered also, it's been awhile
ConeDodger
QUOTE(MrLeeS @ Jul 27 2015, 01:54 AM) *

Has anybody dealt with Camp 914 recently? I ordered a set of hood shocks on June 4, sent several (3) emails since and have had no response. This is my 3rd set of hood shocks I've ordered from him, plus I've purchased the driving light kit and never had any issues before. I just want to make sure there isn't some mysterious issue before I complain to PayPal for a refund.

Why three sets of hood shocks? Do they not work right?
MrLeeS
Three cars. They work perfect. Any car I get gets converted
wes
Only one car but agree.gif, that and the J West hinge and better than new!
JRust
I heard from him just last week. So he is around. Just give him a call. Not sure what the deal is with email but phone is always a good idea. I'm sure it will all work out
porschetub
QUOTE(MrLeeS @ Jul 27 2015, 10:54 PM) *

Yea he's not an email guy for sure,just placed an order and got contact pretty much straight away,all seems fine so far.
How did you find the spotlight kit?
john77
QUOTE(porschetub @ Jul 27 2015, 03:12 PM) *

Yea he's not an email guy for sure,just placed an order and got contact pretty much straight away,all seems fine so far.

I'm guessing he means the driving lights:

http://www.camp914.com/products/lights.html
MrLeeS
Yep driving lights. Put them on a car with headlight delete. Amazing how bright they are even at fog light level.

Heard from Craig, guess I should've waited one more day...shocks are enroute
porschetub
QUOTE(john77 @ Jul 28 2015, 10:20 AM) *

QUOTE(porschetub @ Jul 27 2015, 03:12 PM) *

I'm guessing he means the driving lights:

http://www.camp914.com/products/lights.html

sorry my bad meant driving lights,my brain had a typo biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(MrLeeS @ Jul 28 2015, 01:15 PM) *

Yep driving lights. Put them on a car with headlight delete. Amazing how bright they are even at fog light level.

I hope I do cause my comments ''bite me in the ass'',still waiting and no replies,they are meant to be shipped but have no tracking number,Oregon To Oregon can't take that long.
Times running out for me @ my freight forwarder as I want to use combined freight discount to my country with other goods waiting there.
Frankly the whole transaction is stressing me out sad.gif .
Please Craig.
Harpo
Craig but dialed me yesterday. Does that count?

Defenetely a good guy

David
76-914
QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 12 2015, 01:31 AM) *

QUOTE(MrLeeS @ Jul 28 2015, 01:15 PM) *

I hope I do cause my comments ''bite me in the ass'',still waiting and no replies,they are meant to be shipped but have no tracking number,Oregon To Oregon can't take that long.
Times running out for me @ my freight forwarder as I want to use combined freight discount to my country with other goods waiting there.
Frankly the whole transaction is stressing me out sad.gif .
Please Craig.

Why is it so expensive and difficult to ship between one another. Jesus, it's not like we don't speak the same language and share the same values. We are cousins. It shouldn't be this trying betwixt like minded two nations! Rant over.
Elliot Cannon
I also think Craig is a good guy. Met him on a few occasions. But when something is ordered at the beginning of June and hasn't been delivered yet and there is no communication, one can only hope that there is a good reason for it. One can also hope that nothing bad has happened. smile.gif
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(Harpo @ Aug 12 2015, 02:44 AM) *

Craig but dialed me yesterday. Does that count?

Defenetely a good guy

David

So, if he butt dialed you, that means he's alive and at least sitting right. av-943.gif
porschetub
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Aug 13 2015, 05:14 AM) *

I also think Craig is a good guy. Met him on a few occasions. But when something is ordered at the beginning of June and hasn't been delivered yet and there is no communication, one can only hope that there is a good reason for it. One can also hope that nothing bad has happened. smile.gif

Thanks me too,Craigs rep is not in question and I think the OP had waited way longer than me as I'am in to week 3 now,but would still would like a reply on my order for euro indicator inserts and Pilot driving lights.
kkid
I also ordered a set of hood shox and got it in a few weeks but realized the kit was missing a page of the instruction. So I contacted him by texting since his e-mail address was not found on his site. He texted me he is in the middle of making an improvement on his kit(no cutting required anymore). Haven't heard from him for about a few weeks so he should be taking time to set it up on the newly improved kit. With no torsion springs a bloom has been my friend lately.
porschetub
QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 14 2015, 08:37 PM) *

Thanks me too,Craigs rep is not in question and I think the OP had waited way longer than me as I'am in to week 3 now,but would still would like a reply on my order for euro indicator inserts and Pilot driving lights.

I see we have a dupicate of this thread,makes me feel less easy about the situation,same story over and over dry.gif dry.gif .
hmssaab
You be the judge of character:
Buyer had a Targa pad recovered by vendor. Long two month process.
Vendor returns pad via USPS Mail where it is damaged. Big bend in pad.
Vendor processed a claim with USPS and received USPS check.
Vendor asks Buyer if part is "salvageable".
Buyer tells vendor "bent pad can be lived with if USPS settles with buyer" (just like an ordinary fender bender).
Vendor says that is a false claim and says he sent the claim check back to USPS.
Vendor had already cashed the claim check all along and kept it, per USPS Accounting department records.
Vendor got paid twice (by Visa and USPS claim check).
Buyer stuck with a damaged pad, not being compensated for the damage.
mepstein
QUOTE(hmssaab @ Aug 18 2015, 08:02 AM) *

Buyer tells vendor "bent pad can be lived with if USPS settles with buyer" (just like an ordinary fender bender).
Vendor says that is a false claim and says he sent the claim check back to USPS.
Vendor had already cashed the claim check all along and kept it, per USPS Accounting department records.

Buyer should place a dispute with visa. They are very good about protecting their customers.
rhodyguy
How does the "you be the judge...." apply to this thread? Some cryptic relaying of a personal experience with camp914?
mrholland2
QUOTE(hmssaab @ Aug 18 2015, 05:02 AM) *

Are you either of these two parties? If not, heresay. If so, be clear and state what you mean rather than this bullshitty way of putting things.
porschetub
QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 18 2015, 03:10 PM) *

QUOTE(porschetub @ Aug 14 2015, 08:37 PM) *

I see we have a dupicate of this thread,makes me feel less easy about the situation,same story over and over dry.gif dry.gif .

Well I can report my parts got to my freight forwarder recently and now on the way to New Zealand,a long drawn out stressful saga that I intent will not happen again...up to those reading to make their own judgement on this confused24.gif .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.