Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB (borrow/buy): Reverse idler gear
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
patssle
EDIT: Request fulfilled. Thanks!

I'd like to borrow a reverse idler gear as I'm trying to find out what is causing my transmission to grind. I'm not going to run the car with it (unless I buy it) - just install and turn the wheels by hand so I wouldn't grind up your gear if something is wrong with my tranny.

If it solves my problem and you want to sell it I'd buy it. Either way I need one to figure out if it's my idler gear causing the problem!

Thanks. And will pay for shipping of course.
Mblizzard
Can you post a pic? Have a couple of 1st reverse slider and I am not sure if I have the part you are referring too.
bdstone914
QUOTE(patssle @ Jul 27 2015, 07:06 PM) *

I'd like to borrow a reverse idler gear as I'm trying to find out what is causing my transmission to grind. I'm not going to run the car with it (unless I buy it) - just install and turn the wheels by hand so I wouldn't grind up your gear if something is wrong with my tranny.

If it solves my problem and you want to sell it I'd buy it. Either way I need one to figure out if it's my idler gear causing the problem!

Thanks. And will pay for shipping of course.

I should have some from the Cap'n Crusty trans parts leftovers. Yours for the cost of shipping. Will try to remember to look for one tomorrow morning before work.
Bruce
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.