Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone know where you can buy....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Bleyseng
Those gaskets for the fan to warm air guides clamps.??? AA sells them for $22 each.

Geoff
iiibdsiil
Now I know you can get them from AA, but yo already know that...
McMark
You mean for #17 & #18? Cut your own. wink.gif
Bleyseng
They are formed outta something, heck I used have tons of em laying round.

Root_Werks
Since that is the cool air down there, I would think you could cut something to fit. idea.gif Maybe even rubberized cork so it would form a little? idea.gif
Bleyseng
Yeah, but the oem pieces are formed outta some asbestos crap and fit great. Used to be a $2 part.

I ain't paying $22 for them.

Geoff
rhodyguy
a big fat bead of rtv. dry.gif

k
MattR
Easy, rip out the h/e crap and buy euro race headers.

I might have a set sitting around. I'll check for you this weekend.
Bleyseng
Ah Matt, do you see where I live? You have to have heat here as I tried the header route even in the summer its cool in the morning. I froze driving to the AX one time without heat. It was only a one hour drive in 50 degree weather so I was a popsicle when I got there at 9 o'clock. Ripped that shit out the next weekend and never looked back.

Geoff
rhodyguy
geoff is 100% correct on the header issue. if you want to drive your car after 9am and be done with it before 9pm, even in the summer, headers are the way to go. fogged windows are another story. will the h.e.'s be sufficient for the big engine?

k
Bruce Allert
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Feb 28 2005, 11:49 AM)
Ah Matt, do you see where I live? You have to have heat here as I tried the header route even in the summer its cool in the morning. I froze driving to the AX one time without heat. It was only a one hour drive in 50 degree weather so I was a popsicle when I got there at 9 o'clock. Geoff

Geoff is one a'dem guys dat ain't got no insulation on dem bones laugh.gif but even me wit enough insulation for 2 gets cold up here so I agree... gotta have heat rolleyes.gif

.........b
TravisNeff
You guys are sissies.. I drove a full winter without heat (up on the east side) with my first 914. Had to use the fresh air fan to help keep the fog off. Talk about frigid.. oh wait, don't be stupid like I was.
Root_Werks
Geoff, what's the part number? I can call my supplier and see if he can get them.
Bleyseng
021 256 325A and 021 256 326A are the numbers I get off the PET
ejm
Those are still good numbers with VW and Porsche....prices are in the mid $20's from them too

I'd cut some from cork and be done with it
MattR
Ahh, I should know that... my brother went to school at U Dub for two years. What can i say? Im a jaded socal'ian, born and raised. I'll take a look this weekend for you. I pulled all my heater stuff out when I went to headers and it was all in pretty good condition.
Bleyseng
Ya, problem is used ones crumble instantly. So for $22 bucks you get crap!
Geoff biggrin.gif
Root_Werks
Part numbers didn't work for my guy. Figures. Oh well. rolleyes.gif
dinomium
Yeah I drove my first 14 without heat too... Even going skiing. Now that I am old I like to pretend that I am wise, road cars NEED heat!
biggrin.gif
MattR
QUOTE (Bleyseng @ Feb 28 2005, 03:18 PM)
Ya, problem is used ones crumble instantly. So for $22 bucks you get crap!
Geoff biggrin.gif

Ahh, okay. I thought mine were in good condition, but if they'll crumble then nevermind...
914werke
You guys are sissies..

YA SISSIE's ! Try riding a motorcycle yr round! cool.gif
Bleyseng
You were insulated leathers with heaters in them! I just drive my 914 and freeze my ass off without heat.

Geoff clap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.