Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Rear 5 lug conversion
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Porsches4me
Im about to convert my rear 914 4 bolt to 5 bolt . I have 1983 rear 911 calipers and discs, What would be the best year 911 hubs and half shafts to use for the conversion ??

Please feel free to email me at: CV1Racing@aol.com

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Andyrew
You probably should just redrill your hubs, half shafts? if you useing the stock tranni, then the stock ones I would think. I just finished my rear 5 lug conversion, if you want picture's just tell me.

wavey.gif
Bleyseng
The early ones from 67-69 I think are the ones that bolt up. Use the hubs, stub axles and axles plus CVs'. There was a thread on this waay back in January soo if you do a search on it you will find it for the exact part numbers and pics.
Stick with the 914 rear calipers and 914/6 discs if you need the parking brake. You can make a spacer for the caliper or find one from a M caliper that fits if I remember right to run rear vented discs. Or just mount up a 911 caliper without the parking brake for vented discs.
Simplest and cheapest way is to drill the 914 rear hub for 5 bolt patten and run it with a 914/6 disc using the stock 914 hubs, stub axles, axles and CVs'. This works great unless you are running a monster V8 or 450 turbo 6.
Geoff
Greg Silva
I'd pretty much echo what Geoff said, except that I believe that the hubs you would need come from the 69-71 911. You'll also need new wheel bearings.
Porsches4me
Thanks everyone for your help/advise.

Chris
Qarl
I've got a rear 5-lug drilled 914 hubs and a rear brake setup using Carrera calipers and rotor available for sale (no e-brake).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.