Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Side Shift Dust Boot?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dcecc1968
I was replacing my throttle cable last weekend and noticed that this dust cover was missing. Pelican diagram calls it a "Side Shift Linkage Dust Hoot" (not sure if that is a misspelling of "Boot"). Having a hard time finding them for sale new, so not sure if available

Are these available repop or new (....914 Rubber?) or should I put a WTB in classifieds?

Click to view attachment

Thanks,
Don
rhodyguy
after you find one, i'd replace #25 before you button it up. prob #23 as well. for the clamp, #21?, you can use a stainless screw type found in the plumbing section at your local hardware store.
ripper911
Somebody reproduces them.

hide.gif
76-914
IIRC, 914 rubber was making them.
Java2570
914Rubber is doing a reproduction....I think it's still in progress of production though.
Tom_T
BTW - it's a typo, that's a boot or sometimes called a cover.

FYI - you can go to the Porsche website's Classics area & it's documents, & download a free pdf 914 PET parts catalog with all of those diagrams & part numbers, & strange German > English translations (from pre-google-translate days) in it.

Good to have on-hand in digital &/or printed out into a binder for parts references.

PM Mikey914/Mark W. for status on the sideshifter cover/boot/hoot, otherwise a nice used one may be your only option for now.

GPR, AA, Uklers/Automation (intentional sp.), & Sierra Madre may also have repro &/or used.

Cheers! beerchug.gif
Tom
///////
dcecc1968
Thanks all. Appreciate the responses.
Mikey914
Yep, the tooling is almost complete should have a sample through it in a little over a week. I've been devoting much of my time to the dash and it will ne done in the next few days so these will be on line soon. I'm also making the metal band like OEM foe these too.
theleschyouknow
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Jul 31 2015, 09:11 AM) *

Yep, the tooling is almost complete should have a sample through it in a little over a week. I've been devoting much of my time to the dash and it will ne done in the next few days so these will be on line soon. I'm also making the metal band like OEM foe these too.

sweet! I definitely need the boot -my band looks pretty banged up but reusable- but I'lll definitely get a new one when available
cjl
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.