Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wiring question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Doug Leggins
I cannot determine what both of the connectors are for. There is round connector and a rectangular connector in this pic that I think are seat belt connectors. Problem is that I have 1 set of seat belts that use a round connector and this set is wired together as a pair from the factory. The other 2 sets of seat belts that i have all have the rectangular connector. These 2 sets are actually 4 individual seat belt receptacles - they are not wired together by the factory as a set.

Anyone know how the round and rectangular connector should be hooked up?
CptTripps
I thought the rectangle was for the passenger-seat to tell the fat-ass riding with you to put their seat-belt on...
clark2
I just took mine out and both seat belts conncted to the ROUND end. See pic.
clark2
Well I can not get the pic to post, not sure what format it should be in (Gif, Tif, Jpeg). But each latch has a wire that goes into the round connector.
Rand
.jpg for photos (or .jpeg)

Nice work BTW. I love to see super clean teeners!
CptTripps
QUOTE (RandyLok @ Feb 28 2005, 12:42 AM)
Nice work BTW. I love to see super clean teeners!

Doug's car is the DEFINITION of 'Super Clean'

The most anal-retentive mechanic on the 914 assembly line didn't pay attention to detail like he is...
Rand
For sure. I'd rather eat my breakfast off that than the neighborhood diner's grill.
Midtowner
Perhaps I can answer half of the question: The round one goes to the passenger side. I just installed replacement seatbelts tonight and had to make the connection. Don't know if the driver side is round or rectangular because it is cut off. confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.