Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What color is this?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
This ebay auction had me curious...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=4530807980

What color is this car?

user posted image

More importantly...anyone know the code? Ugly as you may think it...this is the color I've been thinking about for my 73.
914GT
Maybe Saturn Yellow, L13M? Just a guess, hard to tell from a photo.
CptTripps
That's what I was thinking...but I wasn't sure. I was planning on painting it that color, as I think that's what it is now.

Any other opinions?
vortrex
it's either ravenna green or a look alike.
kermit
Its the best 914 color ever made - Ravenna Green. How do I know? biggrin.gif

I've been told there is a marble from Ravenna, Italy that comes in this most unnatural color.

I still have an original can of factory German lacquer in my garage, I'm sure its useless, but cool to have around.
CptTripps
Where can I locate my original color code? I thought it was stamped into the chassis somewhere.

That's DEFINATELY the color I'm going to go for...I'm sold on it.

McMark
The Karmann plate near the hinges for the drivers side door. Then go to my colors page... http://homepage.mac.com/markd/
Sparky
Super highlighter lime green? unsure.gif

My best,
Mike D.
CptTripps
QUOTE (McMark @ Feb 28 2005, 12:07 AM)
The Karmann plate near the hinges for the drivers side door. Then go to my colors page... http://homepage.mac.com/markd/

I was JUST at that site...Nice work!

I'll check that out tomorrow morning. I've heard it's bad luck to change a car's color, so I may not do that...we'll see...
bondo
I agree ravenna green. Sunglasses required. cool.gif

While we're at it, what color is this 911? I saw it across the street from dunkels in 2003.
kermit
royce, looks like speed yellow to me. Funny, I have a ravenna 914 and my dad has a speed yellow 911.
Joe Bob
Could be Delphi Green Metallic IF it's original....is there a code on it or is it a repaint?

Pictures in the dark with a flash suck..... mad.gif
JB 914
Gatorade w00t.gif
CptTripps
ok, so IS it bad luck to change a car's color?
Lou W
Posted: Feb 27 2005, 08:51 PM  

.: Lord of the Rust :.

Group: Members
Member No.: 3342

This ebay auction had me curious...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=4530807980

What color is this car?

Plymouth Dusters in 1971 had a color very similar to this. smile.gif
Sparky
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Feb 27 2005, 09:22 PM)

Not anymore so then re-naming a ship...
CptTripps
QUOTE (Sparky @ Feb 28 2005, 12:26 AM)
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Feb 27 2005, 09:22 PM)

Not anymore so then re-naming a ship...

That's funny...I get FURIOUS at people when they change a boat's name...
vortrex
QUOTE (mikez @ Feb 27 2005, 09:18 PM)
Could be Delphi Green Metallic IF it's original....is there a code on it or is it a repaint?

Pictures in the dark with a flash suck..... mad.gif

???

it's not even close and it's not metallic. wacko.gif
Joe Bob
How can YOU tell from a pic in the dark?
McMark
It's bad luck unless you remove all the old paint. That's the only way around the curse. wink.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (CptTripps @ Feb 27 2005, 10:22 PM)

bad luck????

I've never heard that one wacko.gif

it can lower the resale value of the car if not done correctly.....of course this depends on the original color...quite a few varibles to consider...but bad luck???....I don't think that is reason not to repaint a different color smile.gif
McMark
Mike, lets keep the color change paranoia as high as possible, please. laugh.gif
vortrex
QUOTE (mikez @ Feb 27 2005, 09:52 PM)
How can YOU tell from a pic in the dark?

guess I don't see a dark pic.
wilchek
Ravenna Green. I have the same color. It is bright in person. In photos it always looks yellow. See my Avatar
CptTripps
Since I'm stripping most of the paint anyway, I think I'll change it up then. =)

The parts that I wouldn't be able to get to are the rear-front trunk (gas tahnk area) and in the engine compartment. I could always go back and shoot those next year when I put it away. Other than that, I'll stripping the whole thing anyways...why not change the color while I'm at it.

I think Ravenna Green is safe because the parts that I can't get to are saturn yellow, and they are at least in a similar family...If I were painting it silver, it may be a different story.

With black bumpers/rockers/chrome, that could look pretty sweet...and there is NO WAY someone could hit me and say "I didn't see him."
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.