Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: stoopid question time
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Duffster
What case did the Factory use to build the 1974 3.0 RSR motor? I can't believe that it was built on a 7R... but whaadoo I know?

I'm sitting here looking at a MFI pump ....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Duffster @ Feb 27 2005, 09:53 PM)
What case did the Factory use to build the 1974 3.0 RSR motor? I can't believe that it was built on a 7R... but whaadoo I know?

i can hear that 901 screaming for mercy! ohmy.gif laugh.gif
redshift
lmao

m
ArtechnikA
QUOTE (Duffster @ Feb 27 2005, 11:53 PM)
What case did the Factory use to build the 1974 3.0 RSR motor?  I can't believe that it was built on a 7R...

a fairly rare aluminum case with the early head stud register. (IOW - you are correct, NOT the magnesium 7R)

i heard of one available - as parts but complete with the high-butterfly throttle bodies - for somewhere north of $30,000. the perfect replacement engine if you already have the ex-IROC Carrera...

Anderson talks about the 3,0 RSR engines a bit in his book, and there should be some mention in Frére but interestingly, i don't recall it. might be in the new "competition car" chapter at the end of the new edition ...
Duffster
hey Rich...as they say in my ol' neighborhood "Tanks!" I'm gonna send off for Bruce's book as soon as I'm done here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.