Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So cal drive thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
sb914
QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 4 2015, 06:37 PM) *

facebook page from aliso viejo and I only noticed 1 914 on their photos.
Next time they will add more 914 after you have attended.

https://m.facebook.com/candcav/photos/pb.35...1&source=42

Come with ndfrigi
ndfrigi
QUOTE(sb914 @ Sep 4 2015, 07:41 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Sep 4 2015, 06:37 PM) *

facebook page from aliso viejo and I only noticed 1 914 on their photos.
Next time they will add more 914 after you have attended.

https://m.facebook.com/candcav/photos/pb.35...1&source=42

Come with ndfrigi

Usually saturday morning I'm available but I just removed my windshield and waiting for a replacement anytime. Hope next time I can join a cars and coffee or a socal drive (but again saturday if possible).
Steve
I'll be there!! Thanks for the update!!
Steve
I saw six 914's at the Aliso Viejo cars & coffee today. I didn't take any pictures.
It was nice seeing everyone again. Thanks for the notice!!
Larmo63
Click to view attachment

This is a fun and well attended event. It only lasts for about two hours, if that, and then everybody leaves. There were some crazy cars there today!

Like Steve said, six 914s.
Larmo63
Click to view attachment

Beautiful '52 300SL
Larmo63
Click to view attachment

Lovely soft window '69 911S Targa!!!
ndfrigi
Thanks again Sir Lawrence for sharing some pictures! Is that Forrest red car beside your car? Looks like he got a new nice seat!
Steve
My daughter took this picture today.
Click to view attachment
Steve
A very nice stock 75
Click to view attachment
Steve
Another picture of my car.
Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment there was a electric one
effutuo101
So pretty!
whitetwinturbo
agree.gif
Maltese Falcon
QUOTE(sb914 @ Sep 6 2015, 05:34 AM) *

there was a electric one

a Voltswagen/ Porsche 914 biggrin.gif
Click to view attachment
Steve
QUOTE(Maltese Falcon @ Sep 6 2015, 01:05 PM) *

QUOTE(sb914 @ Sep 6 2015, 05:34 AM) *

there was a electric one

a Voltswagen/ Porsche 914 biggrin.gif

I love the hair dryer heaters!! Super clean and straight body. He switched the DC motors for AC motors. When he rev'd the two AC motors, my daughter cringed and said it sounded like the dentist drill.
Beach914
For those curious, He said the car was 2700lbs, balance was 1300 up front and 1400 in the rear.
Maltese Falcon
I viewed an electric powered 914 at a cruise-in and it must have had bad longs.
The front+ rear battery weight must have caused the upper door gaps to be at 1/32" blink.gif
Steve
I was the only 914 there again.
Click to view attachment
whitetwinturbo
This one is shocking.......
PlantMan
QUOTE(Steve @ Sep 12 2015, 09:23 AM) *

I was the only 914 there again.
Click to view attachment

You were for sure. I left the scene when the 911's next to you rolled in. They made quite the entry.....
It will be awhile before I can get my car there......
Lu.xl
Is anyone going to Cars & Coffee in Aliso Viejo or Tustin this Saturday morning? Debating on going... My 914 gets lonely being the only one.
Steve
I just realized my daughter borrowed my iPad and was still logged in. So the above post was from me not her.
sb914
Going to cars and coffee in Huntington Beach, corner of magnolia and Adams.I'm leaving at six.Anyone? Leaving 5:30-6:00 am. See you there
Steve
QUOTE(sb914 @ Oct 16 2015, 01:23 PM) *

Going to cars and coffee in Huntington Beach, corner of magnolia and Adams.I'm leaving at six.Anyone? Leaving 5:30-6:00 am. See you there

Is that the derelict doughnuts hangout?
whitetwinturbo
yes
sb914
QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 16 2015, 02:02 PM) *

Yep,not quite the aliso crowd,but still fun and close to the house. Maybe go rip around pch after c'mon Steve.
Steve
QUOTE(sb914 @ Oct 16 2015, 02:43 PM) *

QUOTE(Steve @ Oct 16 2015, 02:02 PM) *

Yep,not quite the aliso crowd,but still fun and close to the house. Maybe go rip around pch after c'mon Steve.

Bummer!! We just had a major water leak and the plumber is coming over early tomorrow morning.
garrettlee2
anyone interested in a Thomas/ pumpkin drive on the Halloween??
sb914
QUOTE(garrettlee2 @ Oct 25 2015, 05:52 PM) *

anyone interested in a Thomas/ pumpkin drive on the Halloween??

Where and where is it?
garrettlee2
Historically it was GMR on Halloween morning 7ish then breakfast in Mt baldy. if I remember right.
914-300Hemi
Sounds fun. Count me in.
garrettlee2
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Oct 25 2015, 06:47 PM) *

Sounds fun. Count me in.

I'm playing on bring my green rabbit again
914-300Hemi
QUOTE(914-300Hemi @ Oct 25 2015, 06:47 PM) *

Sounds fun. Count me in.

I forgot that I have other commitments with my wife this Saturday. Sorry I will miss this drive.
sb914
Thinking about a Sunday drive! If its not raining.
Thinking maybe a pch run through Palos verdes
Anyone in? Remember we leave dawn patrol.
Socalandy
sounds cool if weather is good
BigFour1973
I can get behind this
Steve
Also works for me.
pete000
Where in PV would you meet? I live there. If it's not raining might try to join. (Weather shows it to be sunny)
sb914
QUOTE(pete000 @ Mar 9 2016, 04:48 PM) *

Where in PV would you meet? I live there. If it's not raining might try to join. (Weather shows it to be sunny)

Not sure yet where to meet.looks like its not going to rain.
Hey Pete being as you live close by maybe you might know a good route?
sb914
C'mon kent
76-914
Too far and too much traffic. I'm spoiled from living in the boonies with the twisties and mountains in my back yard! I googled Palos Verdes and wondered where ya'll drive. Looks pretty much like it's all city driving. confused24.gif
sb914
QUOTE(76-914 @ Mar 10 2016, 07:12 AM) *

Too far and too much traffic. I'm spoiled from living in the boonies with the twisties and mountains in my back yard! I googled Palos Verdes and wondered where ya'll drive. Looks pretty much like it's all city driving. confused24.gif

There are some cool roads, great views and a chance to hang out with some fellow teeners. Make the trip it will be a good check run b4 Route 66
forrestkhaag
Sunday at 6. See you buys then
beerchug.gif
sb914
C'mon Abe's
BigFour1973
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/33.7295144,...#33;3e0!5i2

This is a pretty fun road. how about heading up this and rounding the peninsula? or maybe even heading up it go to manhattan beach for breakfast/lunch then take the bluffs home?
Steve
QUOTE(Steve @ Mar 9 2016, 03:11 PM) *

Also works for me.

I forgot my wife's working, so I have to watch the kids and drive them to and from work.
Maybe next time!!
pete000
Malaga cove plaza is good and easy to find. It has a country like store and coffee shop.

The other good spot is Lunada bay has a french pasty shop where a few Ferrari guys usually meet.

Either one is good and you can do a lap of PV including the switch backs. I prefer charging up the switchbacks rather than descending them. This means touring the PV hill counter clockwise. Either way is fun. driving-girl.gif

You can continue on back down into Redondo Beach.
abes914
I think I can make it. I just have to be home by 10. I gotta take my daughter to Sunday school.
sb914
QUOTE(pete000 @ Mar 10 2016, 08:56 PM) *

Malaga cove plaza is good and easy to find. It has a country like store and coffee shop.

The other good spot is Lunada bay has a french pasty shop where a few Ferrari guys usually meet.

Either one is good and you can do a lap of PV including the switch backs. I prefer charging up the switchbacks rather than descending them. This means touring the PV hill counter clockwise. Either way is fun. driving-girl.gif

You can continue on back down into Redondo Beach.

Cool,it's good to have your local knowledge for this drive!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.