Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: So cal drive thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
pete000
Is this going to happen? Time? Meetup location? Who's going? Etc...
sb914
QUOTE(pete000 @ Mar 12 2016, 10:49 AM) *

How's 25 th and western Starbucks 6:30 - 7:00 ? Who going?chime in!
BigFour1973
QUOTE(sb914 @ Mar 12 2016, 12:42 PM) *

QUOTE(pete000 @ Mar 12 2016, 10:49 AM) *

How's 25 th and western Starbucks 6:30 - 7:00 ? Who going?chime in!

Ill be there! Car is getting detailed and clay barred right now.
pete000
I recommend starting at the Starbucks at (28166 South Western Avenue, San Pedro, CA 90732) Behind Carrows restaurant.

This would set up a good route to hit PV and use both sides of the switchbacks. driving.gif

We could end the PV section at Malaga Cove Plaza (Re group). Then easy onward to Redondo Beach from there. driving.gif
BigFour1973
QUOTE(pete000 @ Mar 12 2016, 02:14 PM) *

What is your planned route around PV ? Where are you going to end the drive ?

If you take the switch backs up and back down you will end up heading towards Redondo Beach. You would not get much coast scenery.

Other option would be head back up Western to PV Drive N. then up the switchbacks and back down to PV Drive West clockwise towards Redondo.

Route is open to change, but I was thinking meet at Starbucks on western and 25th. Head up the switchbacks, through pv towards the city hall. ¿Head up to redondo, eat?
Then take the coast back down.

But you're the local, I'm open to your route as well.
pete000
QUOTE(BigFour1973 @ Mar 12 2016, 02:29 PM) *

QUOTE(pete000 @ Mar 12 2016, 02:14 PM) *

What is your planned route around PV ? Where are you going to end the drive ?

If you take the switch backs up and back down you will end up heading towards Redondo Beach. You would not get much coast scenery.

Other option would be head back up Western to PV Drive N. then up the switchbacks and back down to PV Drive West clockwise towards Redondo.

Route is open to change, but I was thinking meet at Starbucks on western and 25th. Head up the switchbacks, through pv towards the city hall. ¿Head up to redondo, eat?
Then take the coast back down.

But you're the local, I'm open to your route as well.

Something like this.
sb914
Either way is good for me
Gmanscott55
QUOTE(sb914 @ Mar 12 2016, 03:21 PM) *

Either way is good for me

Darn it... Have to head to San Diego in Am or else I would be in . Pete's drive as mapped is really nice as went with PCA OC guys about a month ago before I got my 914 I'm my 911. Have fun and be safe driving.gif
Gmanscott55
1st drive Pete suggested with switchbacks dropping down to coast by Trump National golf corse. Awesome views!
sb914
25 + western 6:30 we'll decide route than
Don't forget daylight savings
B there !!!!
abes914
all 4 of my tires are bad. i will have to pass on this one. have fun and be safe and also please share some pictures.
BigFour1973
Sounds like it'll be 3 of us?

Car is all prepped and ready to roll, GoPro is charging. Looking forward to the extra hour of sleep. See you guys in the morning.
pete000
See you there around 0630
Steve
QUOTE(BigFour1973 @ Mar 12 2016, 08:48 PM) *

Car is all prepped and ready to roll, GoPro is charging. Looking forward to the extra hour of sleep. See you guys in the morning.

Spring ahead fall behind, so we lose an hour.
BigFour1973
QUOTE(Steve @ Mar 12 2016, 10:07 PM) *

QUOTE(BigFour1973 @ Mar 12 2016, 08:48 PM) *

Spring ahead fall behind, so we lose an hour.

I've never been good at math, but judging by my groggy nature. I'd say you're right.
jimkelly
weight. mine with chevy v8 weighted in at between 2500 and 2520 with me (220lbs) in it.
pete000
Fun drive this morning ! We need to do it more often and more 914s !

Now to fix my, Passenger brake light, High beam relay ground, and get the top finished ! A bit chilly open air at 6 am in PV !

sb914
Had fun great views nice twistees. Thanks for showing up
Pete and Corey.Click to view attachment Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment
BigFour1973
Here's my controbution
forrestkhaag
Nice shots. How many cars?
BigFour1973
Just 3 of us. Ended up doing a lap of palos verdes.
Cracker
Looks like a beautiful day for your drive...I wish we had an ocean in Atlanta.

T
BigFour1973
Anyone up for a drive this weekend? Preferably Saturday. PCA is doing their 1st saturday of the month breakfast at Glory Days in seal beach. INFO HERE

9am. maybe meet up there, go for a cruise after up or down the coast? open to suggestions.
sb914
driving.gif icon_bump.gif
sb914
icon_bump.gif
sb914
Going to glory days seal beach 8:30 9:00 if any of u local peeps what to come by
Lots of p cars
sb914
Come on down to seal beach, check our some p cars.
We need to flood lot with 914s mañana. glory days
Steve
Is it Saturday or Sunday? Never mind.. I got the link to work. It's Saturday. Can't make it Saturday, gotta a early Mother's Day lunch in Sun City. I might make a quick in and out to the Aliso Cars & Coffee since its around the corner from my house.
sb914
Come on down people!
sb914
I'll b there at 8:45
B there or b square.
Steve
QUOTE(sb914 @ May 7 2016, 05:55 AM) *

I'll b there at 8:45
B there or b square.

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
garrettlee2
Anyone going tomorrow morning?
garrettlee2
Anyone else planning on going to glory days?
sb914
I'll be there.its always the first Saturday of the month.
sb914
Come down to the beach,should be great weather. smilie_pokal.gif
Mike D.
After Breakfast drive over to Old Word Village in Huntington Beach for the Rare Vintage Air VW car show. I'll be there in the 914 powered Type 3!
914_teener
QUOTE(Mike D. @ Jun 2 2016, 07:07 PM) *

After Breakfast drive over to Old Word Village in Huntington Beach for the Rare Vintage Air VW car show. I'll be there in the 914 powered Type 3!

Sorry Mike....doesn't count. 'Gotta be a teener....lol.

Sheez....wish I could go. It's gonna be friggin hot and I am driving out to Prescott AZ to see the grand child. Supposed to be 118 there tomorrow.

Have fun guys.
Steve
Can't make this one. My car is all apart again. The turning indicator switch horn contact disintegrated as well as the horn ring. Every time I would turn the steering wheel the horn would go off. Very embarrassing.
euro911
Just seeing this this evening. I really have to plan ahead to get up early enough to do a dawn run any more yellowsleep[1].gif ... dry.gif

I had a PV route made up several years ago (2009) that was a nice drive ... started after breakfast at the Pacific Diner in San Pedro, up the hill to PV Drive east, then around the peninsula clock-wise (with a few photo-op stops), then it ended at where my old shop was in Harbor City ... (roughly, 27 miles).

Here's the route map (with GPS coordinates): http://goo.gl/maps/VgpAk

FYI, the local fuzz are watching PV Drive east a lot these days ... speeding crotch-rockets and sports cars are their main targets on this twisty stretch of road down to the coast now mad.gif
sb914
So it's that time again.Saturday 11-4-17 Pca meet at Glory days in seal beach. 914 "cone zone" again. Last year I think we had 25-30 914s save the day and come on out. Maybe we can do a drive afterwards.Click to view attachment
ValcoOscar
Eddy-

Count me in on this one.

piratenanner.gif

Oscar

Keith914
I will be there.
ndfrigi
yes I’m goin with or without 914. For sure Abe and Bob with their 914 are coming too!

Click to view attachment

Elliot Cannon
What is a good time to show up at this get together. I might drive down the day before and stay at a hotel. Sounds fun. Do I have to re-join the PCA to attend? biggrin.gif
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Oct 4 2017, 08:58 AM) *

What is a good time to show up at this get together. I might drive down the day before and stay at a hotel. Sounds fun. Do I have to re-join the PCA to attend? biggrin.gif

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=291703&hl=
Marv's3.6six
I'm in. See you guys there. biggrin.gif shades.gif
drem914
I'll be there, looks like fun.
914_7T3
I will join as well and its only 45 miles from me up here in SFV so way closer than San Clemente.

Will not be able to park in the cone zone though, best I can do is wear my 914 T-shirt that day!

beerchug.gif
914_teener
I.m in.....same boat as Elliot. Need to join or is being a member here enough...lol?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.