Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
ndfrigi
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 2 2015, 06:53 PM) *

QUOTE(ndfrigi @ Aug 2 2015, 04:30 PM) *

Am I right?

Four - 6 cyl engines
Three - 4 cyl engines

from these group this morning?

Please can you do at least one saturday and same time?

Three Sixes total
-Two factory sixes and my 3.2 six conversion
One V8
Three 914-4's
Can't remember the details on each (sensory overload).

Thanks Steve for responding! Next time and I will be able to join, I will add to the 914-4 but the only with big rubber bumper.
Larmo63
Four Sixes total:
-Two factory sixes, Dave's 2.7 slant nose conversion, and Steve's 3.2 six conversion
Eddy's V8 conversion
Two 914-4's

Forrest met us at Ruby's in his /4 too. driving-girl.gif
Steve
Thanks Lawrence for the correction. It was great to hang out with everyone. Night and day better than Cars & Coffee.
914_teener
One of the coolest things about the drive was bringing up the rear and listening to the note of a six at full song as we made our way up the canyon in a line. Each car made a different sound as each hit the pedal. Each had different personality of sound.

The fog was cool too as we dipped in and out of it.

See you guys on the next one.

sb914
Click to view attachment look mom, driving with my eyes closed. Thanks for the shot Karen.

914-300Hemi
Sorry I missed this one looked like a fun drive. Had chores to do at home like gut the laundry room. sad.gif

I will make the next one.
forrestkhaag
So when is it? Next Saturday or Sunday?? Eddy: My kid is in town next weekend to check out the possibilities for the 350 conversion . but he is leaning toward a Super Chevy big block.... it will fit........
sb914
Ok,let's do Ortega hwy,this Sunday 16th
Meet at 6:00am 5wy and Ortega.if people are coming from over the hill,they could meet up somewhere in route,or just meet same spot. Who's in? driving.gif
Steve
I will be up north for a wedding, so I can't make this one. Bummer.....
sb914
QUOTE(Steve @ Aug 10 2015, 07:39 AM) *

I will be up north for a wedding, so I can't make this one. Bummer.....

That is a bummer, next time! driving.gif driving-girl.gif
76-914
That's a pretty busy intersection. There used to be a Denny's at that intersection that you could gather at but it's been torn down! I believe there are still places to pull to the side and meet at the 243/Ortega intersection. Might want to check it out, Eddy. I might make this if I finish Mark's car in time!
seareef228
QUOTE(sb914 @ Aug 10 2015, 06:49 AM) *

Ok,let's do Ortega hwy,this Sunday 16th
Meet at 6:00am 5wy and Ortega.if people are coming from over the hill,they could meet up somewhere in route,or just meet same spot. Who's in? driving.gif

Im In ..I just found this thread
what time??
Socalandy
maybe next time, I'll be prepping my car for the PCA concourse in San Diego on the 22nd
Larmo63
There is a strip center about a block inland on the right with a pretty decent size parking lot….?
driving.gif
sb914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 11 2015, 03:40 PM) *

There is a strip center about a block inland on the right with a pretty decent size parking lot….?
driving.gif
sounds good we'll meet there 6:00am
oldschool
headbang.gif Man! I been working on the weekend...Hope to make one soon. blink.gif
Larmo63
Okay guys, here's the plan: We meet this Sunday, Aug 16th at 6:00 on Ortega Highway, second block INLAND or EAST, there is a Starbucks at 27211 Ortega Highway, San Juan Capistrano, Ca.

There is a carwash on the corner, at Rancho Viejo Road and Ortega Highway, you enter off of Ortega. We'll meet at that parking lot, grab a cup of Joe, shoot the sh*t, and drive out Ortega Highway and maybe stop at the Lookout restaurant or all the way to Elsinore??

We'll talk when we meet up. All 914s are welcome!!! driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif Who's in??
sb914
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 13 2015, 06:02 PM) *

Okay guys, here's the plan: We meet this Sunday, Aug 16th at 6:00 on Ortega Highway, second block INLAND or EAST, there is a Starbucks at 27211 Ortega Highway, San Juan Capistrano, Ca.

There is a carwash on the corner, at Rancho Viejo Road and Ortega Highway, you enter off of Ortega. We'll meet at that parking lot, grab a cup of Joe, shoot the sh*t, and drive out Ortega Highway and maybe stop at the Lookout restaurant or all the way to Elsinore??

We'll talk when we meet up. All 914s are welcome!!! driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif Who's in??
I'm in bootyshake.gif
914-300Hemi
Damn I won't be in town this weekend. Flying to San Francisco for a weekend get away.

Enjoy the drive.
Larmo63

We'll talk when we meet up. All 914s are welcome!!! driving-girl.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif driving-girl.gif driving.gif Who's in??
Blue6
I'm out, gotta go to a bbq. Damn
sb914
QUOTE(Blue6 @ Aug 14 2015, 03:01 PM) *

I'm out, gotta go to a bbq. Damn

Dawn patrol
You'll be home by 10:30 am
Hank914
I just google amped this drive. It looks very cool! And I love the Dawn Patrol idea at 6am. Brings me back to my childhood and Rat Patrol. We need a Dawn Patrol in the Bay Area!
olsib914
if I get my car out of the shop tomorrow... i am in
infraredcalvin
I just got the ok from the boss, but no 914...ok to bring another p car?
Larmo63
CHARGE!!!!!!

driving-girl.gif
infraredcalvin
Yes, TURBOcharged... happy11.gif

I'll be there!
forrestkhaag
i'm all in

see you guys at 6

beerchug.gif
forrestkhaag
any car!! P-car is better.. but attendance is what gets the information flowing.....

My son flew in from AZ to (hopefully) check out Eddy's 8 as he,.. Clayton is a confirmed Chevelle BB guy and will be in charge of my v-8 conversion if that is the direction de jour......

I am over the four concept and it was a fine learning experience.

What I can say is.. never Never have in your stable a 993VR and a 1.7 914 at the same time/ it almost pushed me out of the 914World and back into the spritz-bottle clammy (misspelled on purpose) world of door-ding paranoid stuffed shirts and the like.. // the contrast in sheer acceleration, G's, braking, is quite different- you know,.. all the good stuff,./... is too great Man!

Don't go there..
Don't do it Man!!

On the positive side, I have a great suspension front and back built into this 914 ride and it can handle anything within reason that can be stuffed into the engine bay - given a cutting torch or Makita and a wheel...

I really like the idea of cutting away all of the trunk deck and doing tube or box-tube reinforcement frame to create the same structural integrity as all that sheet metal accomplished ../ then access is from the top verses the underside and, at the end of the day, it is easier to clean everything top down. Heat is another issue....

Heat.

My God Man, the heat... and the raggedy cloths.... (apologies to Elaine Bennis)

Eddy will shine some light on the v-8 heat issues as his ride seems to have it fully under control / more to learn on the drive tomorrow / meeting at 6am on the Ortega//

beerchug.gif
olsib914
not going to make it. Got the tune around the low cylinder and the short shift to work more smoothly only to discover right traii arm front bushing is shot.

another week down.
sb914
See you guys there.
Cj Honeycutt
Why are these drives only for "guys" ? BTW, Hell's Kitchen has better food and service than the Look Out.
sb914
QUOTE(Cj Honeycutt @ Aug 15 2015, 10:49 PM) *

Why are these drives only for "guys" ? BTW, Hell's Kitchen has better food and service than the Look Out.

There not for "guys only its for everyone .driving-girl.gif driving.gif
Come.havent seen ya since wcr
infraredcalvin
Grrrrrrr sorry to have missed, went on a quick shakedown run yesterday, got an arcing spark plug wire... headbang.gif
seareef228
piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif piratenanner.gif That was an AWESOME drive and time, my wife and I really enjoyed hanging out and meeting all of you . It was super cool driving Ortega with other 914s ..Lets Do it more often.. Click to view attachment
whitetwinturbo
driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif driving-girl.gif
Beautiful sight..........
forrestkhaag
Hey Seareef:

It was great to make your acquaintance on the drive today and and especially (no offence) that of your lovely wife.

As you can see from the picture above my Laguna-garage-paintjob needs help. Lets talk soon!!
beerchug.gif

Forrest
seareef228
QUOTE(forrestkhaag @ Aug 16 2015, 10:36 AM) *

Hey Seareef:

It was great to make your acquaintance on the drive today and and especially (no offence) that of your lovely wife.

As you can see from the picture above my Laguna-garage-paintjob needs help. Lets talk soon!!
beerchug.gif

Forrest
It was great meeting you Forest, we had lots of fun ,,,,,,
Larmo63
Ron and Beth showed up out of nowhere in their beautiful '74 Alaska Blue 2.0.

Welcome to the madness!!!!!!!! welcome.png
sb914
Thanks for coming everyone,had a blast ripping through the canyons.Click to view attachment
sb914
Click to view attachment
Larmo63
Click to view attachment
seareef228
QUOTE(Larmo63 @ Aug 16 2015, 02:50 PM) *

Ron and Beth showed up out of nowhere in their beautiful '74 Alaska Blue 2.0.

Welcome to the madness!!!!!!!! welcome.png

Thanks ,,,nice meeting you Lawrence
garrettlee2
when's the next drive? is the 2 still open?
whitetwinturbo
2? Y blowup.gif skull.gif ou will need to bring marshmellows until the boys in red knock down the bonfire....
forrestkhaag
It may sound worked but an early morning rip up and down PCH is the envy of many East coast 914teeners / With the fires blazing the mountain routes, maybe a run on flat land with a good brake-fast place aklong the way would work in the meantime.

I'm in wherever the next one is staged.

beerchug.gif
sb914
I was going to mention a pch run,
we'll put one together. driving.gif driving-girl.gif
Btw: this thread is for anyone that's wants to start a drive in so cal area.any day any time.
sb914
Headed to aliso viejo cars and coffee to meet Forrest hagg and larmo63, and Jim Hoyland anyone else up for it
ndfrigi
facebook page from aliso viejo and I only noticed 1 914 on their photos.
Next time they will add more 914 after you have attended.

https://m.facebook.com/candcav/photos/pb.35...1&source=42
jim_hoyland
I'm gonna try to make it.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.