Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1973 1.7 engine for sale
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
wankle914
Porsche 914 1.7 L engine/tranny/exh system for sale
I have a 1973 porsche complete motor for sale. . Sale includes Engine, FI, fuel pump, trans, AC, , FI computer and complete exhaust system. Completely rebuilt, can be seen and run on my engine test stand in Franklin Mass. Also made a youtube video. This is a turnkey package that just needs to be installed. I bought this package to replace a wankel engine installed in my 73 914 so was why I wanted to build up a complete setup. I sold the car to someone who was supposed to come back and buy the motor but he never came back so now I have this complete setup including an AC compressor with engine tins to allow you to install with or without the AC unit. All new perimeter gaskets for the engine tin to body seal
Receipts from all parts purchased and all replaced internal engine parts saved for your inspection and verification. This engine had about 80k on it when I got it. I did not replace the clutch plate , hey I had to draw the line somewhere. Side shifter transmission seems fine but I have not tested it beyond the test stand
All new bearings (main,rod, cam) and seals, all the freeze plugs replaced with threaded plugs
Heat exchangers are in excellent condition
All new cylinders, pistons, valve grind and valve guides, cold compression is 120 psi +_5 psi (within spec) max compression for 8.2:1 is 125. Sorry, no leak down test.
Crankshaft endplay, a critical spec, was measured at 0.0015, I believe the spec is 0.001-0.003
I don’t know exactly what the oil pressure is but the light goes out while cranking before it starts and it is for sure getting oil everywhere.
Converted to hydraulic lifters, cam, and pushrods changed. All engine tins were blasted, primed and painted with hi temp paint, all tins reattached with SS allen head screws
The entire FI system has been rehabbed and calibrated and adjusted, new injectors, seals, all fuel lines and all vacuum lines replaced, fuel pressure regulator adjusted to 28psi. Rubber bellows from Aircleaner to throttle body replaced with new one from Auto Atlanta
NOS temperature bellows installed, $150 for this part alone
Rebuilt alternator by ACE armature in Providence (simply the best at what they do)
I’ve run this on the stand for 1-2 hours total 15-30 mins at a time to sort everything out, very little smoke on startup, but it needs to be run under load to break it in properly (install it and drive it) you could be driving with as little as an afternoon of work by starting with what I’m offering
All the spare parts I have , too numerous to mention, go with it

Here is link to a video of me running the motor. There is a mention of a failed air bypass valve in the video but this has since been corrected (plug connector wasn’t seated properly)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3CLqe2d0lQ

Price $2750 for everything (pretty firm) I’m loosing money at this price (not your problem) but I cant go lower. I can prepare for shipping if needed, I will lash it to a pallet and get it to a shipper for you
About me: I have been wrenching on European cars for over 40 yrs. Owned over 100 cars, restored or rehabbed 50. I know BMWs and Porsches pretty well. I have a full machine shop and repair shop but I am not a pro, just a hobbyist run amuck . Life is too short to BS about what I’m selling. Have a look at the pics and video and come run it for yourself, no disappointments. No wasting of your time. This is an excellent deal. Thanks-Tom

kinney.thomas@comcast.net or phone me before 9pm eastern 508-904-8926
rcpemp8
Hi Tom-

My name is Rich. I live in Sacramento California Am very interested in your engine. Love the video. Hoping we can make a deal... let me know about the shipping. I have a 1970 914 project that I am working on. My plan is to complete the car then donate it to the Home Health Agency I work for. We hare hoping to get money for patient supplies. Rich 916 212 8612
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.