Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Brand new, Porsche 914 thermostat 85-90C opening range $129
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
volkaholic
This is a 100% new unit, for the 1.7, 1.8 & 2.0 type IV (68-74) and late Porsche 912 (68-76) & Porsche 914 (70-76) engines for $129
this is an accurate reproduction of VW part number 021 119 159A
If you need a new cable, I have that too for $10
All units come with a 2 year warranty.

stamped on the bottom is:
- opening temp range "85-90"
- made in the "USA"
- the Awesome Powdercoat logo

$10 shipping to the lower 48 states. Other locations it is cheapest to go by USPS, but price will vary by location.

These are brand new thermostats for the Type IV, late 912, & 914 air cooled engine. Not used, Not NOS, these are BRAND NEW , FITTINGS, TOP & BOTTOM, BELLOWS & CABLE FITTING. This gives you the best of everything. You get the right liquid inside for the right expansion at the right temperature. And if it ever does fail, it fails safe, flaps full open, like it should. This is a brand new thermostat. These are built in the USA. It takes 3 companies in 3 states to make this part. I found the company that supplied the tooling to Wahler, the original OEM thermostat manufacturer for VW. We sandwich a brand new phosphor-bronze bellows in between new water jet cuts top and bottom and new brass fittings. Phosphor-bronze is superior to the original brass bellows because is it less prone to fatigue cracking from thermal cycling and more corrosion resistant.

Don't mess around with a questionable 40+ year old part that might fail soon after you install it. As an added bonus, I offer a 2 year refund/replacement warranty! No one else will do that.

These bellows are for the 1.7L, 1.8L, & 2.0L type IV, 912 & 914 engines. They are designed to start opening at 85-90C, hotter than the type I's that open at 65-70C. The bottom female threads are stock 8MX1.25 & the top male thread is 7MX1.
The top fitting that the cable passes through starts as solid 3/8" hex brass. You can use a 3/8" or 10mm wrench to snug it down on the stat. DO NOT OVERTIGHTEN THIS
AndrewBlyholder
Post is very old. Still available?

JamesM
QUOTE(AndrewBlyholder @ May 10 2022, 09:14 PM) *

Post is very old. Still available?

You could try the website directly if you need one

https://www.awesomepowdercoat.com/vw-thermostats
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.