Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1.7L Engine Cases/Shortblocks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
greggearhead
Pair of 1.7 engine cases with crankshafts and rods. Have been sitting a long time, assume they will need at least new bearings, maybe a crank polish.

$75 each

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
euro911
Just an FYI, those are Bus cases.
greggearhead
Thanks - guess I should have mentioned that - didn't know the differences in the case, crank and rods between bus and 914?

euro911
The first indictor is the prefix of the engine number(s), also the 'front' engine mounts, the oil dip-stick tube location, and the unblocked port near the taco plate indicate Bus. The differences are actually minor and these cases can be utilized as a building platform for a 914 motor with some easy modifications.

I don't know what the specs are on Bus cranks and rods, but I believe they are the same (1.7/1.8L). The pistons and heads make up the bigger differences with lower compression figures, so no biggie in this case (no pun intended) of these motors, since they're less than a short block anyway.

I think your pricing is in the ballpark $ range for these ... but you may want to also post them on theSAMBA classifieds - you might have a bigger audience there confused24.gif
greggearhead
Thanks - threw them on Samba and Craigslist already - hoping not to ship, but want to see them get used!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.