Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gonna need some help
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
Well I finally filled out the registration form for WCC and stated that I will be bringing my car. That being said, I will need help placing the engine in the car. When? That is the question. I still need to POR15 the holes for the oil tank, then install the oil tank and then I will be ready for placement. So far, I think that putting the engine in the car is gonna be the only thing for which I will need manual assistance. Everything else is easy enough for one person.

Any volunteers? Motivators?
McMark
Give us the details on the current status of your car. We'll help you make a game plan. Things are always much easier when you know what your next step is. wink.gif Trekkor's got it fresh in his mind. laugh.gif
Trekkor
It's true...I do w00t.gif

KT
Dr Evil
Welp,

My engine is assembled and on the stand. All that is needed is attachment of flywheel/clutch, installation of sparkplug wires/leads (need to buy), creation of sensor bracket for my MJLJ (I will run the dizzy first, but would like to get the MJLJ up and running before medschool. Oil tank needs to be installed. I need to do my breaks, front and rear suspention, finish assemble my tranny, POR15 my oil tank holes and engine mount bracket in the engine bay, and figure out my ignition wiring.

I think that that is it. I can prep and paint my engine bay spots, finish my tranny, and have the engine ready in one weekend. Then I will be ready for mounting the engine.

I also would like to paint my car and finish the interior before the WCC, but I'll have to see what monies I can get.
McMark
So next Sunday we'll be expecting pictures of the motor installed. You're on it now! Sounds very do-able.
Trekkor
Too bad you are not a little closer.

Come up?

KT
Aaron Cox
mike... do i need to bring my wet suit and scuba tank to get under your car? i may be dropping stuff off for you on sat
Dr Evil
F-ing work wants me to do some construction work on Sat so that is cutting into my project time. However, I am gonna swap a day during the week. This weekend is probably not gonna be too productive.

Aaron,
Nope, I installed a 5gal bucket and a sump pump in my back yard so all of the water was pumped out. The mud may be dry by then. I'll take pics of the engine on the stand tomarrow. I will deffinetly need those parts this weekend. I am gonna be using them for a friend who is gettingh is car done in TJ. I'll make time for you on Sat if you are coming down. Since I am gonna work on Sat, I can work at night if I choose.

KT,
HA! Sorry dude, I can't do it. I have been thinking about towing my car to a parking lot my mom's boyfriend rents to get it done. I am not sure, we'll see.
skline
Mike, Maybe I can get a gang together and we can come down there and power team it. You are only a couple hours south, we could spend about 3 or 4 solid hours and have that engine installed. Get the prep work done and we will make it happen. I will come down alone if I have to. I will be down in SD probably tomorrow or Wednesday for a job, I may be able to stop by for a little while. Let me know.
Dr Evil
Thanks Scott. I had a feeling ya'll would be interested. I can't throw a big shin dig because I only have one bathroom and my back yard is a warzone that will have everyone tracking dirt and such into the house (all stated for the fiencee's benefit).

I am sure I can accomodate wink.gif I have a gas grill idea.gif
scotty914
if they need to pee they can go in the 5 gallon bucket
sean_v8_914
I have 2 big steel plates. they work well when placed over the dirt to allow the jack to roll freely. I do not have a vehicle to move them to your house
JohnM
I'm in to help. Just give me a call. One or more days notice would be good. John
Jeffs9146
I would if you were closer!!

I did mine last summer all by my self!! It just took longer!

Jeff
Twystd1
Mike,
I am sending down some interior stuff with Aaron (Maybey Scott also) to you.

Gauges, back pads, dash all kinds "O" stuff. We will work out the the deal later.....!!!!!

I can't make it next weekend... I am seriously bummed about that.

Let me know if you need parts for YOUR car. I will send that stuff down if I have what you need.

I know someone with a oil cooler and a fan setup for a rear mount cooler... Let me know if ya need it.. I will ask this person to float it to you......

Good luck on the install Mike......

Twystd1

Twystd1
Root_Werks
Dang Mike, I wish you were closer. I would love to help out! sad.gif I wanna go play on Mike's 914! boldblue.gif
Dr Evil
Dang, I didn't get any notices from this thread so I missed all of your replies. I have a real warm fussy feeling now. Thanks guys!
Here are the promised engine shots:
Dr Evil
another
Dr Evil
Final. I painted the air cleaner top after the shoot. You can see how crowded my shack is. I have to tilt the engine so I can get to the back.
Dr Evil
Thanks for all of the support. Tonight, I finished my tranny, painted my airbox cover, and cleaned my intake boot. Small stuff, but it needed to be done, and I didn't want to do suspention in the dark. I fell realy lucky to know you all.
McMark
Great job! Do the easy stuff and get it out of the way. It'll make the hard stuff look easier, I promise. biggrin.gif

Keep up the good work.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.