Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: BPGREER and McMark Chatting...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
BPGREER
Oh, McMark. You work for the resto company that also paints right? Brad mentioned you guys last time I saw him. I'll need to get my 914 up your way sometime.
McMark
Yeah, come visit whenever. smile.gif I'll probably be hosting the lunch next month.
BPGREER
Where exactly are you guys located? I might take a trip up that way when the sun peaks out again! I would love to see what a paint expert thinks would be best. My car is crazy original. I got it from an old lady that bought it new out in Sacramento area in 1973. Unfortunatley she retired to Bodega Bay and parked it in her garage there for the 17 years. Surface rust here and there, but overall it's incredibly solid and original. What all do you guys specialize in? A breakfast in Napa would be cool. I missed the last couple.
McMark
Exactly at 1721 Action Ave Suite B. in Napa. smile.gif

Brandon handles the painting and bodywork.
I handle the rust repair, teardown and assembly, as well as the engine building and mechanical work.

Right now we have 2 914s, a 56 bug, a 72 bug, a Jag E-type, and a 76 280z in the shop. Lots of fun. boldblue.gif
BPGREER
That's good to know. I work with a guy that's a huge VW nut. I think he has between 6&10 of them. He's currently working on his pride and joy (a 57 oval) I know he will be needing a good paint job soon. Is your shop set up now? I may need to head up that way to have y'all take a look. Do you give free estimates? biggrin.gif I usually take mine down to Brad for mechanical advice. But he's been awfully busy lately.
McMark
Estimates are free. wink.gif

The paint booth is taking awhile to get setup. The thing is assembled, and the ducting is in progress, still need to get power to it and the fire suppression systems. So another 2 or 3 weeks until it's fully functional.

I'm in and working now and the compressor will be done tomorrow so Brandon will be starting body work and sanding type stuff.

I'm going to split this thread since it got so off topic... wink.gif
BPGREER
I have way too short an attention span to stay on-topic! If I don't go snowboarding on Wed., I may head up your way.
McMark
Wed would be great. I have a guy dropping off more 911 engine parts for his rebuild, but no other plans. I'll be there all day. Give me a ring 707-738-5686.
Trekkor
There's alway a chance I may pop in wink.gif

KT
BPGREER
For sure. I should know by tommorow if I can talk anyone I know into going up to Tahoe or not. If they all pass I will take a trip up that way.
McMark
We can all go out for burgers, or something. laugh.gif
Trekkor
Let's BBQ in house.

KT
BPGREER
Trekkor,

Do you work there too? Or just live in town? I'm in the city, but it should be a short drive midday. Maybe I'll stop at a couple of wineries on the way up wacko.gif or not.
McMark
Trekkor's just a local boy. He's the tile master. He tiled our bathroom. laugh.gif
BPGREER
Ah-Hah! All the pieces of the puzzle are coming together! It's great that there's such a large 914 community in the Bay Area. I got mine on a total fluke, but what a fluke it was...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.