Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: On Ebay Original Alloy Center Caps
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
Mike Fitton
Not mine. Anyone got $800 laying around?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-NLA-OEM-PORSCH...=p2056016.l4276
turk22
WTF.gif

$825.. there isn't enough margin to cover the shipping!
QUOTE(turk22 @ Aug 1 2015, 07:10 PM) *

WTF.gif

When you have a perfect 914 and want NLA parts to complete your resto ride. Sometimes you just have to step up and bite the bullet.
It comes down to supply and demand. ..the basics of marketing.
Amphicar770
QUOTE(396 @ Aug 2 2015, 06:00 AM) *

QUOTE(turk22 @ Aug 1 2015, 07:10 PM) *

WTF.gif

When you have a perfect 914 and want NLA parts to complete your resto ride. Sometimes you just have to step up and bite the bullet.
It comes down to supply and demand. ..the basics of marketing.

Maybe, but given all the good people with that kind of money can do, this seems like a pretty depraved and self-absorbed choice.
914Sixer
HPH is selling those along with lots of other stuff at questionable prices.

kkid
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 2 2015, 06:12 AM) *

agree.gif

Go to craigslist to see what they are selling at amazing prices.

Mike Fitton
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Aug 2 2015, 05:12 AM) *

Asking yes, but selling probably not.
rhodyguy
and "some additional polishing…"?
Mikey914
If we all had them laying around it would be a lot less, but yes, supply and demand. The only problem is these will start galvanic corrosion the moment they are installed, so best left on the shrine.
914werke
Ummm those are still available from Porsche last I checked although the ones pictured are NOS which ARE slightly different that the parts available today.
The difference is the width of the flange that mates to the wheel face is wider on the old ones. The new parts are shipped in simple plastic bags not the boxes in the pictured.
JmuRiz
Do they mean $8 each?
jesiv
I have a set just like these still in the bags... piratenanner.gif
914work
Look closely at the photos. dry.gif
Two different parts being displayed.
As described earlier one has a wide flange, the others narrower.
looks like HPH is employing some AA type shenanigans with new parts and old boxes. idea.gif
Cairo94507
I believe in capitalism for sure, but this is just flat wrong. I think he is just ripping people off for that price. I guess if you are a serious multi-millionaire and just have FU money to burn, then great, buy these. For me, I would rather shop and buy from fellow enthusiasts who are not trying to take advantage of us.
porschetub
QUOTE(Cairo94507 @ Aug 6 2015, 10:29 AM) *

I believe in capitalism for sure, but this is just flat wrong. I think he is just ripping people off for that price. I guess if you are a serious multi-millionaire and just have FU money to burn, then great, buy these. For me, I would rather shop and buy from fellow enthusiasts who are not trying to take advantage of us.

Good points for sure,this guy is doing what another notable is doing ,go's like this....bought a heap of NOS for next to nothing years ago,sat round for years and gathering dist/rust....fast forward to today....tack on 500% and tell people its the best/or last in the world,yep business is business but this makes me want to barf.gif barf.gif .
And then they say they are serving the 914 community.... bootyshake.gif
Geezer914
You never know. I put a set of seat rails on ebay, just the rails that bolt to the bottom of the seats. I asked $35 and received no takers. So I lowered the price to $25. Two bidders ended up in a bidding war and I ended up selling them for $125! Go figure? screwy.gif
mepstein
QUOTE(Geezer914 @ Aug 6 2015, 08:46 AM) *

You never know. I put a set of seat rails on ebay, just the rails that bolt to the bottom of the seats. I asked $35 and received no takers. So I lowered the price to $25. Two bidders ended up in a bidding war and I ended up selling them for $125! Go figure? screwy.gif

WOW!! - I have 10 sets of those idea.gif
rhodyguy
seriously? obviously, those 2 bidders don't hang around here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.