Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I found Dirk Wright!!!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jeroen
so, did you send him an e-mail?
aircooledboy
Wow, did that thread make my brain hurt. screwy.gif
Bleyseng
yep, send a email. Damn, I tried reading those posts and I thought I was reading sumthin Alfred posted.
unsure.gif
Rusty
QUOTE (aircooledboy @ Feb 28 2005, 11:44 AM)
Wow, did that thread make my brain hurt. screwy.gif

Ya. I've been reading Plato... and I thought that crap was painful to read.

this thread is WAY worse! lol2.gif
Demick
Oh boy. A new meaning to DirkWrights disease!!!

Quote:
------------------------------
During my CD listening, I was visited by what appeared to be a large white dog with brown spots. He telepathed to me so fast and in such a strange language that I don't have a clue what he was saying....... Around 3 am, I tried yet again to fall asleep with the CD. While I was lying on my side, I got out of my body and went straight through the wall and up into outer space!
------------------------
End Quote
Bleyseng
I got this for a reply!

"um, you found me. I no longer have the car. I never finished. sorry."
seanery
DO NOT, UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, FALL UNDER THE SAME SPELL AS MR. DIRK WRIGHT. ohmy.gif

please guys & gals, be careful while working on your cars. Someone with the Dirk Wright text
post it here so others can avoid his pitfalls. Whatever chemicals he used, don't use 'em. Watch
out for crud falling into your crevices. Something happened to this man, and I fear it came from
the depths of his 914 disease.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE...I can't read posts similar to his ravings from any of you. wacko.gif

Be careful out there.
KaptKaos
Ok, I think you guys found the next board to hi-jack. lol2.gif lol2.gif lol2.gif

This is the top of that forum.
cdmcse
OK, fill us new guys in on the Dirk Wright story. I have seen that name tossed around here quite a bit.
McMark
We need a Dirk Wright FAQ to put in the 914 Info section. He's a permanent part of the culture.
GWN7
agree.gif

The Dirk Wright story is a icon that needs to be remembered for it's good and bad.

I wonder what happened to his car? laugh.gif
Sparky
Damn Geoff that was rather a unique find! Geesh do our posts get that wierd? Seems like whatever chemicals Dirk was using on his vehicle have some how effected his brain.

I always looked forward, each week, to finding out what Dirk was up to. I seem to remember a time when he went to replace brake pads and "since I had it apart" decided to try and polish the calipers, but instead rebuilt the calipers after cad plating them. The light bulb comment earlier was a little extreme for DWD. More accuratley DWD can be described as a condition that sets upon the unexpecting while trying to accomplish something simple i.e re-gapping plugs becomes complete ignition system makeover/re-design because the plug color was off a little.

I miss reading his posts. sad.gif

My best,
Mike D.
jr91472
I heard "second hand" that it started with a pedal cluster rebuild, then found rust, etc, etc. screwy.gif

Lou W
I thought it all started when he jacked up his car to rotate his tires and his jack post fell out. biggrin.gif
bondo
Haha, I knew about Dirk Wright's Disease (I have a fair case of it myself) but never knew he actually had a 914. I always thought he was just a random car guy that couldn't stop himself. (kind of like the hurculiner hootus thing.. not specific to 914s and pretty universal)

We need to start a campaign to lure this guy back! happy11.gif
Rusty
chairfall.gif

I remember the stories of nickle plated brake calipers... way back in the Porschelist days!

-Rusty smoke.gif
Sparky
The Porschelist (porschefiles) days! Woo hoo damn we been around awhile! Was it nickle plating? I can't recall too much time and vodka have passed since then. Lure him back, man thats a hoot. That would be like getting Cooley to start posting here. Or does he...

Mike D.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.