Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hell Hole Heaven
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
andys
With so many posts showing some real hell, I thought I'd post some pic's of my '75. This is a car that was last registered in 1985, and sat in a garage after that. The PO seemed like the kind of guy that took good car of the car as evidenced by the exceptional condition of the interior. Anyway, the hell holeslook great, passed the screwdriver test, and virtually no battery acid damage.

Andy

Left side:
andys
Right side:
andys
Battery tray:
andys
Oop, ......

Battery tray:
JmuRiz
Wow, that's one of the cleanest battery areas I've seen, congrats!
type11969
congrats, and I hate you biggrin.gif
Rand
drooley.gif
Very nice! Man, to be that close to perfection... Dang I'm envious. Thanks for posting! I think.
mattillac
QUOTE (type11969 @ Feb 28 2005, 09:54 AM)
congrats, and I hate you biggrin.gif

agree.gif
MattR
I'll trade ya!

Lou W
Looks good, you're lucky welder.gif
LvSteveH
You can no longer be a member of the club..... pack your things and get out.

skline
Well, if you look closely at the one under the battery, it looks like someone welded in metal over it. Nice job I might add. I think I want to do something like that to mine. For reinforcement.
redshift
Matt, is that terracotte? You should use metal.

laugh.gif

M
riverman
Damn you Californians! Damn you! wink.gif
MattR
Miles, whatever it is its coming out with my 4" angle grinder in the next few weekends. I'll wear a respirator...

Riverman, my car is a CA car... we're not immune to rust, it just takes longer to happen.
riverman
Thanks for the reality check. I thought everything was sunny days, bikini-clad movie-stars, and rust-free cars out there. Oh wait - didn't I see some bad stuff about Cali on CNN a while ago?
andys
I see how this area can rust out real fast. The pic's I took were after a visit to the local 25 cent self car wash (It actually costs $2.50 for 5 minutes!). I towed it there and back; sat in my garage overnight and both sides were still puddled full of water the following day. The little rubber drain gizmo's didn't allow the water to escape, even though they were not clogged with debris. Great design; NOT

Andy
aircooledboy
QUOTE (LvSteveH @ Feb 28 2005, 05:07 PM)
You can no longer be a member of the club..... pack your things and get out.

monkeydance.gif w00t.gif laugh.gif boldblue.gif lol2.gif chairfall.gif

Oh, and agree.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.