Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carbd EG33 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
got914?
Well im toying with the idea of carbing my EG33.

Heres some pics of just checking spacing.

Whats everyone think ?
got914?
One more
zambezi
What are those? Strombergs? Serious old school meets new school.
mgp4591
Interesting... but why? popcorn[1].gif
DBCooper
I agree.... why? I grew up with multiple carbs, was so happy when aftermarket fuel injection let me (and everyone else) progress into the modern world. I HATE tuning and syncing, and syncing, and syncing, and syncing multiple carbs and they're still never quite right. Even ITB's, make no sense to me.

76-914
Why not just throw a Porsche in there then. I agree with Paul. I worked in a carb shop as a kid. Horse n Buggy =>carbureted=>fuel injected. biggrin.gif
Mark Henry
I can make carbs work as smooth as FI. But that's 2 and 3 barrels.

But I too have to ask why?
6 singles will be a PITA to build linkage for and sync.
Plus those puppies all need rebuilds.
914forme
Looks cool, if you want the look, do ITBS, and run PEFI. Look for 3 cylinder motor cycles with close to the same bore size. Bike TBs are bigger than you think, revving to 12,000 RPM, means you need them for proper airflow.

I would not do carbs, unless you miss tuning carbs. My dad had a lotus Elan, once a month he would adjust the valves and tune the carbs. He got really good at it, but hey, I would rather spend my weekends. driving.gif welder.gif sawzall-smiley.gif smash.gif driving.gif
mgp4591
Another thing to consider- carbs need proper airflow design in the manifold to keep the air/fuel mixture suspended properly for delivery to the cylinder. It looks like your carbs are mocked up to just stick them on there and not to promote airflow. A lot of design goes into manifolds to maintain that depending on the application- the stock SVX manifold is an excellent design to work with the fuel injection setup- there may be better aftermarket designs out there but for the cash, probably not. You can match ports and clean up as much of the casting flaws, smooth out base radius profiles to speed up airflow because it's not designed to suspend the mixture- only airflow so you're already taking a step backward.
Do yourself a favor- get a better air cleaner and bigger injectors, get your ecu remapped and slap on a low restriction exhaust. Drive trouble free and be happy! driving.gif aktion035.gif
rgalla9146
QUOTE(got914? @ Aug 2 2015, 02:07 PM) *

Well im toying with the idea of carbing my EG33.

Heres some pics of just checking spacing.

Whats everyone think ?

My Stromberg application.
Skip the Suby install, put a hot Flatty in there.
Are you nuts ?
Mark Henry
QUOTE(914forme @ Aug 2 2015, 07:56 PM) *

Looks cool, if you want the look, do ITBS, and run PEFI. Look for 3 cylinder motor cycles with close to the same bore size.

I wouldn't even bother on a EG33, I'd do a common plenum with a 75mm ford TB. Then a future turbo and intercooler is also within reach.

http://www.sdsefi.com/air42.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.