Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: WTB Early steering wheel horn contact
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WTB: 914 Parts
GaroldShaffer
WTB Early steering wheel contact. You would think with all the parts I have I would have one, but I don't. confused24.gif

Picture of what I need, of course NOT broken. biggrin.gif

mepstein
G - they all seem to get brittle and fall apart over time. I would really like 914rubber to find a source and stock them. Then I can buy along with other parts and not get charged $10 for shipping.
Mike Fitton
Here is where I got mine: http://www.sierramadrecollection.com/911-9...-76-p17941.html

Also Stoddard has them.
rhodyguy
pelican and that place in marietta ga too. they're pretty fragile even when new. once pushed into place they can be hard to remove without breaking.
forrestkhaag
Mike is spot on. The one from SM is good to go and worth the price.

And not to get in the weeds here but I never complain about shipping and handling costs. It costs money to stay in business. If the business goes away, then you don't get a shot at gaining the part.
Try to cart anything cross country. Live and work in China or Europe for a few years as I Have. Then come back on what a deal we have here with the Fed buying down USPS to the tune of billions......... Rock on beerchug.gif

Mikey914
Sorry guys I know that it sometimes seems like I come out with group buys a few weeks apart. I do try to "consolidate" them. As far as the part goes I could machine an assembly that could be much more durable. The part may be serviceable and should last much longer.
mepstein
QUOTE(Mikey914 @ Aug 5 2015, 03:13 AM) *

Sorry guys I know that it sometimes seems like I come out with group buys a few weeks apart. I do try to "consolidate" them. As far as the part goes I could machine an assembly that could be much more durable. The part may be serviceable and should last much longer.

That would be nice. It's currently $25-30 for a $2 part that isn't at all durable. I'm not saying it will only cost $2 to make and I don't mind paying shipping and handling for something I want or need but this could be done better. make the smaller length as well and you have the whole early 911 market.
rhodyguy
The brass ( I think) contact and the plunger wear over time. The plastic piece that slips into the wheel is fragile. Even when new. Given the price, I can't see the profit margin. Most of the ones still in use are ancient. A new OEM should last 20 years.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.