Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Farewell old friend 4702908790 it's been fun
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
I did it, I sold my beloved 70 914. It has been a part of my life for the last 12yrs. Tomorrow it goes to his new owner. LOTS of great memories, but the best ones are the day I brought it home and today. My son was only 1 1/2 yrs old and the very first person to ride with me in it. Now he is 13 1/2 and is the last person to ride with me in it.

Farewell old friend thanks for all the great memories beerchug.gif driving.gif smilie_pokal.gif
mgp4591
Bittersweet to be sure... Have plans for another on anytime soon? And if you've got another one (or two or three) already in the paddock please excuse me! I'm not familiar with everyones fetishes...yet.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 2 2015, 09:07 PM) *

Bittersweet to be sure... Have plans for another on anytime soon? And if you've got another one (or two or three) already in the paddock please excuse me! I'm not familiar with everyones fetishes...yet.

Yes I have one more, but have a ton of great memories with attending 914 events all over the Midwest with my 70. Now my focus will be on my 73 2.7 car.
mgp4591
Oh, you've got THAT one! I've read up on your thread from when you picked that up, not too long ago as I remember. That's a sweet ride- did you decide to race it or keep it on the street? Either way it's gonna be fun and what a great looking car! Makes the other one moving on a little easier I suppose... drooley.gif
Are you going to put rocker panels on? Oh kay- must be the hospital drugs. I see in that pic that you've got them on already...
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 2 2015, 09:22 PM) *

Oh, you've got THAT one! I've read up on your thread from when you picked that up, not too long ago as I remember. That's a sweet ride- did you decide to race it or keep it on the street? Either way it's gonna be fun and what a great looking car! Makes the other one moving on a little easier I suppose... drooley.gif
Are you going to put rocker panels on? Oh kay- must be the hospital drugs. I see in that pic that you've got them on already...

It's street legal, but I wouldn't want to ride for to long on any bumpy roads. Yes, it does help letting the 70 go, but I met a lot of great people because of my 70.
mgp4591
QUOTE(Garold Shaffer @ Aug 2 2015, 08:27 PM) *

QUOTE(mgp4591 @ Aug 2 2015, 09:22 PM) *

It's street legal, but I wouldn't want to ride for to long on any bumpy roads. Yes, it does help letting the 70 go, but I met a lot of great people because of my 70.

Well if you get the urge to road trip, just keep a spare set of street shocks and struts in the garage- in an hour you'll be ready for a buttery smooth cruise! driving.gif
EdwardBlume
Life goes by doesn't it? dry.gif
GeorgeRud
I think that 2.7 should keep you interested enough! It's a great engine for a 914 and makes an already nice car into an absolute blast to drive.
madmax914
We really never own these cars, we're just their keepers for a period of time.
Shadowfax
Thanks for sharing. Hopefully it is going to another good owner.
Chris H.
QUOTE(madmax914 @ Aug 3 2015, 12:26 PM) *

We really never own these cars, we're just their keepers for a period of time.

Well said. Time for someone else to enjoy it for a while. In the end it's about the people. The car is a car. There are plenty of them. As long as you're ready, good for you.
Vysoc
Nice story, congratulations Garold, I am sure the new caretaker will appreciate everything you did to enhance that great car!!

Vysoc flag.gif
Porschef
QUOTE(GeorgeRud @ Aug 3 2015, 12:10 AM) *

I think that 2.7 should keep you interested enough! It's a great engine for a 914 and makes an already nice car into an absolute blast to drive.

agree.gif

The '75 911 I had featured the 2.7, often poopooed as the least desirable engine ever stuffed into those cars. But as it was a magnesium case, it was lighter than munimula, and was very elastic. I never had a problem with it, including a 4 day cross country drive, LA to Vermont.

Perfect for a 914, as George sez...
gms
It is sad to see it go but now someone else can enjoy it.
Your autocross car is bad ass...so you still have that biggrin.gif
GeorgeRud
Funny how that 2.7 is also found in the most desirable early 70's 911. dry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.